Powerslot Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008 | 09:06 AM
|
Powerslot Rotors?

ok, my 2004 f150 4x4 has just hit the 70,000 mile mark.
my brakes squeakkk sooo bad its redicioulus... the Rotors are massively warped...

i purchases 4 new Wearever Gold pads... the question is should i just have my rotors turned or get new ones?? and should i get the powerslot? ill get them if there not that much more $$ than oem replacement...

and also do i need all 4 new rotors if i replace or just fronts??

and the will the Wearever Golds be ok to use with powerslot cyro rotors??
i may return the front 2 for some Wagner thermos.
but can i leave the rear pads as Wearever golds??
WERE TO PURCHASE SOME GOOD ROTORS ONLINE FROM?

sorry for all the questions guys..
thanks

Old 09-15-2008 | 09:59 AM
Hi,

I put four powerslot rotors on my 2001 f150, great rotors, smooth & no warping! Bought them from buybrakes.com. Had free shipping but it was a couple years ago. I have been using Hawk HPS pads, but next time I'm going to try Wagner pads since they cost less and a lot of posts say they last a long time. Traded my 01 for a 08 a couple a months ago. Will buy powerslots for my 08 when it needs brakes in a few years.

You can use any pads you want.

Old 09-15-2008 | 10:19 AM
I wouldn’t turn those rotors they have a good amount of mileage on them and they are making noise. Since they are very warped they are very likely to warp again especially with less metal on the rotor. Powerslot rotors are very good and I haven’t heard anything bad about them. I have them on my Stang and when my truck need rotors Ill be buying them. I bought them from www.hopupracing.com. I didn’t see our truck model year on the site but give them a call. I used hawk pads but I doubt you will run into any issue with the Wearever Golds.

Old 09-15-2008 | 10:20 AM
|
thanks,, so i can use a different type of pad up front than im using in the rear? because my advance auto sells the wagner thermos for front,, but not for the rear, they sell some kind of ceramic for rear..

so would yall suggest returning the Wearever Golds for Wagner Thermos

Old 09-15-2008 | 10:21 AM
|
is there any special specs i need to know when ordereing the Powerslots.. or is there just one kind for our trucks

Old 09-16-2008 | 07:54 AM
Truck of the Month
The only thing to know is, do you want the standard Powerslot or the Cryo Powerslots? I went with the Cryo rotors.

Old 09-16-2008 | 09:02 AM
|
i went with R1 Concepts Slotted Zinc coated rotors.. he gave me a great deal.. and great guys to deal with, and the Stand behind there product

Old 09-18-2008 | 07:21 PM
When you order pads, you may need to have your VIN handy. The 2004's have three different configuratoins for pads.
I put on my R1 Concepts Slotted Zinc coated rotors a month ago. Good I guess. I got a set of ceramic pads for the front. It's an intersting combination. I don't get a good grab unless I stop the pedal or i have to wait 1 to 2 sec for the pads to heat up, then they grab like kid on a sucker.

Old 09-21-2008 | 07:49 PM
I'm looking into the cryo powerslots too, anyone know where to get the best price?

Old 09-21-2008 | 09:51 PM
Try www.frozenrotors.com. This is the outfit that cryo treats the rotors for Power Slot. They also market their own proprietary rotors which are cryo treated but do not have the slots. However, they sell both on the site. I have just ordered a set of their rotors, didn't feel like I needed the slots and coating and such for the extra money. I just wanted some warp resistant rotors. BTW I also ordered the Wagner Thermo Quiet pads to go with. I ordered the pads from www.rockauto.com. Hope this helps.

HYPO

Old 09-23-2008 | 07:09 AM
Truck of the Month
I got my Powerslot Cryo rotors from AJUSA.com I have been really happy with my rotors. Sooo much better than OEM.

Quick Reply: Powerslot Rotors?