Park Brake Cables that Don't Exist ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Park Brake Cables that Don't Exist ?

So I finally decided I want park brakes that work. Ok. Strip out the old ones. Free up the levers. Pick up new ones from dealership. Right hand one doesn't match the old one. He rechecks with production date and VIN, supposed to be the ones that go there.
On my '97 F150 S-Cab with drum brakes, the OEM cables come from each wheel, front ends of each cable fixed in the frame bracket, attach to the equalizer by the ends, like they were 20 years ago, front cable attaches to the middle of the equalizer, there you go. The ones I got from the dealership that are supposed to fit appear to be arranged differently, with a car-style equalizer bracket to attach 2 cable sheaths together, and where you connect the cable ends I don't know.

I am not satisfied with that, it has the correct cables from the factory, why can't I get the correct ones now ? Ford and aftermarket all the same story.

Anyone have any answers ? My local dealership sure doesn't have any !!!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the parts may have a wrong packaging, and sometimes the VIN and production dates will not be accurate for cars built pre-1999. You might had gotten cables for a different truck or maybe an F-250 Light duty, which I believe have a low production thru 1999. You may wanna try "Motorcraft" website and/or another dealer.

Quick Reply: Park Brake Cables that Don't Exist ?