BIG BIG Decision...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG BIG Decision...

Okay here's the scoop. I have been planning on new wheels and tires for months now and I'm finally within 3 weeks of getting them. Herein lies the problem. I just found a way to get a mad deal on a Roush Supercharger. It isn't the intercooled charger, but it still says gains of 112. Normally that charger goes for around 5,500 dollars and I found a way to get one for under 25,000 dollars. Before install. At this point I don't think I would be able to call myself a man if I didn't spend that money first on something like a supercharger. I need votes on what you guys would do. Would you wait on the wheels or wait on the supercharger? Let me know what you guys think, I need some help.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by axisdeenide
Okay here's the scoop. I have been planning on new wheels and tires for months now and I'm finally within 3 weeks of getting them. Herein lies the problem. I just found a way to get a mad deal on a Roush Supercharger. It isn't the intercooled charger, but it still says gains of 112. Normally that charger goes for around 5,500 dollars and I found a way to get one for under 25,000 dollars. Before install. At this point I don't think I would be able to call myself a man if I didn't spend that money first on something like a supercharger. I need votes on what you guys would do. Would you wait on the wheels or wait on the supercharger? Let me know what you guys think, I need some help.
im geussing you mean you found the SC for 2,500?

anyways you have to think about EVERYTHING that goes into a supercharger, supporting mods, premium fuel, custom tuning,

with a SC your MPG is going to go in the gutter thats a given.

but really its up to you.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:09 PM
we cant decide for you, its your truck. if it were me i would do wheels

Old 09-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Yes, you might have gotten a steal on the charger itself. However, as trimble said, you also have to look at averything else that gooes into a supercharger.
First of all you have to get retuned. You also must run premium fuel, which is usually about 25 cents more. Your gas mileage will drop. You said it was non-intercooled, so you will probably want to beef up your coolant system. You will be putting more stress on everything, as you will undoubtedly be going faster and accelerating quicker. This includes engine and drivetrain components, along with increased tire wear. You really shouldn't offroad with a supercharger, and you will probably rack up the speeding tickets.
All that said, you will be smoking fast, look like a BA, and save about $2500, so i say do it.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:18 AM
It all depends on what kind of "truck" you want. $2500 actually sounds about the right price on those nowadays, so I dunno if you're really getting that great of a deal, besides you're still gonna have to do install, tune and etc like everyone else said. Anywho.. I dont know how putting in a supercharger will make you more of a man, but unless you plan on racing Tundras, why bother? IMO, your truck won't last as long, and it's not really practical for daily driving, work, or just about anything else except trying to go fast in a truck that weighs about 6000lbs...

Honestly, whatever floats your boat. My trucks lifted, but other than running over curbs, I'll never truly go off-roading with my truck anytime soon, but I think it looks cool as hell. In the end.. your truck, your money, your choice, but I say pass the supercharger and get the wheels.. lol

Old 09-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Suspended
post in the supercharger section. im sure you will get a completely different response

you have a truck. keep it a truck. its like making a tugboat fast. its still a tugboat. its built to "tug" not to be fast. (btw thats the only analogy i could think of. it might be really stupid but i think it works)

Old 09-19-2008, 12:25 PM

I would go with tires and wheels. Once you get the SC, you'd still be spending a boatload of $$$ for install other mods needed. In the end, you'll spend more than you think. Besides, if you want a fast ride, get a Stang or something else that will haul butt! These trucks are heavy! Then again, you know what people say....

Opinions are like.....

Old 09-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I was kind of having a hard time figuring out what to do. After sleeping on it and reading your posts I've pretty much decided to just go with wheels and tires for now. I figure they're more practical and they look cooler. Maybe in the future I'll try to get a supercharger...

Quick Reply: BIG BIG Decision...