What kind of Gas Mileage with new rims and tire's

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of Gas Mileage with new rims and tire's

What kind of decrease in gas mileage would i get if i up graded my stock wheels and tire's that are 255/65/17 and got some 285/45/22 Helo rims and toyo tires.

Also what is off set for the stock wheels and what off sets would be acceptable on a 2007 F-150 crew cab

Thanks
U1cracka

Old 09-19-2008, 04:18 PM
there is no rule on gas mileage. With the larger tires and rims, you have more rolling mass, which would lower gas mileage. But the larger tires also go further with each rotation, which would increase gas mileage. So its a trade off. It may go higher, it may go lower, depends on the overall weight increase of the tire/rim combo vs the increaseed distance per rotation.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I doubt it would get any better than what it is, unless you do a whole lot of driving on the interstate, and that would be a maybe. In town, it'll probably go down. I'm not really sure how much w/ 22s though. I think wandell has 22s on his Expidition, so you might wanna talk to him. But like he said..your gas mileage will more than likely suffer because your pushing the excess weight around, so in other words, it'll be harder for the truck to get going from a stop than it was before w/ stock tires.

Quick Reply: What kind of Gas Mileage with new rims and tire's