New Guy needs some help with Tire Size?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Guy needs some help with Tire Size?!?!

Hey Guys, I have an 08 f-150 Supercrew 4x4 and am wanting to get a set of wheels and tires in the near future and want to know how big of a tire I can go without having to put a leveling kit or lift kit because I really don't want to lift my truck since it is my only vehicle. I just want to get a wheel/tire combo that will fill in real well and I have my mind set on getting a set of 20" wheels and really want BFG All-Terrains on them because I have seen some guys with the same setup on there f-250's and it was really nice. I don't want a lot of sidewall rubber as I think it kind of hides the size of the rims but I don't want low profile looking tires even though that is hard to do on a BFG AT. I was thinking 305's but since I don't really know much about tire sizes I am looking for some input on what you guys think about my situation. I have the stock 20" aluminum wheels with Pirelli's right now but want to get an aftermarket chrome wheel with the BFG AT's.....Any Input??

Old 09-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go with an 8 to 9 inch wide wheel with 5 to 6 inches of backspacing with either 285/55-20 (33x11.50) or 305/55-20 (33x12.50) BFG AT KO's.

Quick Reply: New Guy needs some help with Tire Size?!?!