Opinions on Cooper Discoverer ATR as factory replacement tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on Cooper Discoverer ATR as factory replacement tires

I'm about to buy the first set of replacement tires for my 2006 FX4. It's daily driver that sees about 1800 miles a month with light off road use. I'm considering going with either Cooper Discoverer ATRs, Goodyear AT-S like it came with, or Bridgestone Dueler Revos. I've had good experience with the Bridgestones on another truck and the factory Goodyears have been fine, but I like the tread design and warranty of the Cooper for the price. Any opinions? Thanks in advance for any help.

Noob here, my first post!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm running a set of Dean Wildcat ATs (Made by Cooper and a twin to the Discoverer ATR) on the front of my van. Only have about 2000 miles on em in two years so I can't really give a life expectancy on em. I like the tread pattern and they've got really good wet traction and seem pretty decent the couple times I had it out in the snow last winter.

I don't know for sure how they'd do on drive axles off-road...depends on what you're running in I guess. But they should be a good all-season tire for mainly on-road use.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:22 AM
I've only got maybe 5000 miles on my ATRs and I'm not overly thrilled with their performance. They offer a nice smooth ride, even with the E range 275/70-18's I'm running. But the set I have is lacking in overall grip. I've noticed my steering response is down and in the rain they feel greasy.

The ATR have a good reputation and I know many who think they are great. I'm just dissapointed with mine.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the input guys! I may reconsider these.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Cooper Discoverer ATR as factory replacement tires