Replacing My Brakes prtII

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing My Brakes prtII

Het everyone,

I received my Brembo Slotted Rotors and Hawk LTS pads today. I did not know when they where coming so to kill time I started to soak and remove all of the old brakes parts. I orginally found some rusting on the passenger side rotors inner pad surface. When I opened up everything I found the same problem on the drivers side inner rotor surface. The shinny surface has actually flaked away due to severe rusting. Here are some picture for everyone to see the damage. These rotors and pads have only 20 to 25,000 miles on them.

Andrew

Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 PM
heres some more

Andrew

Old 10-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Heres the last 3

Andrew

Old 10-04-2008, 09:57 AM
normal....the pads dont touch in those areas so it rusts.....

Old 10-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey, those look like my rear rotors. They were all pitted and some chunks were actually missing. I had to put on a cheap pair of pads on saturday, because my inside pad on the passenger side was metal to metal. I ordered some slotted rotors from rotorpros and Hawk LTS pads, should be here this week. Take some pics of the new ones on...

Old 10-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by 69mock1
normal....the pads dont touch in those areas so it rusts.....
I tend to disagree with this. In my first picture you are looking at the outside face of the rotor where the pads make contact with the rotor. This is nice and shiny all the way to the outer edge of the rotor, so the pad is making contact on the entire surface of the rotor(shiny part). On the back side of the rotor the pads will come in contact the same as the outside, so the entire back side should be shiny all the way to the edge. This rust and flaking damage is down about an inch into the pads interface surface with the rotor. If this was normal my inside pads would not have been damage at all, when infact the pads had a corresponding gouge cut into them from the damaged rotor.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Replacing My Brakes prtII