Front brake suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by BLUE20004X4
I honestly know of no other way to access my pics other than to post as I've done, then copy/paste as before. I've done it another way by mistake, only time I wished I'd of never learned from mistakes!!!!!
You can add the link to your favorites and access it that way.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New power slot rotors and brakes are on. Checked the calipers again while putting on the brakes and rotors and they weren't siezed at all. I guess CarX was trying to get a little extra money from me. The truck seems to stop better, but the brake pedal still seems a little spongy. Could it be the brake hose causing this, since I didn't replace them, or do you think I need to bleed the brakes?

Old 10-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by OnAF150High
I can only recommend what I have experience with. I just put Brembo slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads. I went to tirerack.com. They have non slotted rotors for 80 per rotor. Hawk pads were 75. They also have G-Stop lines by goodridge. I have no experience with the calipers. get yourself a haynes manual they go over rebuilding the calipers. Due to the fact that I got slotted rotors my price was up rotors 236.00 and 75 for pads delivered for 388 and change. Good luck and I hope I was able to answer your questions. Andrew
Did you notice an improvement over stock? If so how?

Old 10-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by skid212
New power slot rotors and brakes are on. Checked the calipers again while putting on the brakes and rotors and they weren't siezed at all. I guess CarX was trying to get a little extra money from me. The truck seems to stop better, but the brake pedal still seems a little spongy. Could it be the brake hose causing this, since I didn't replace them, or do you think I need to bleed the brakes?
Bleed the brakes. Spongy usually means air in the lines. Besides it's cheap and the best place to start!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:11 PM
To start off, Nice Truck! In regards to your new brakes, flush all 4. Pick up a few bottles of brake fluid and flush until you see clear. Dont forget to keep checking the resevoir to make sure your dont run dry.

Trust me, depending on how many miles you have on the truck already, it will make a big difference.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:09 AM
wagner pads

Originally Posted by bluejay432000
I have had Wagner ThermoQuiets in my truck for 65,000 miles. They are a high quality semi-metallic pad. Extremely low dust, and still lots of pad left. They are excellent stopping as well. I replaced my rotors about 35,000 miles ago due to bearing failure and did not change the pads. Never a squeak or problem.
bluejay where did you get the wagner pads, I can't find them anywhere?

Old 10-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by rakingya
bluejay where did you get the wagner pads, I can't find them anywhere?
Advance Auto Parts carries them.

Quick Reply: Front brake suggestions please