How long to install 2 inch leveling kit install

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long to install 2 inch leveling kit install

installing 2 inch leveling kit, just wondering how long I expect to be working on it. And what size tires can i fit on it i was thinking 295s or so? And my truck is black i was wondering if should black it out of get some chrome rims?? Im thinking black it out

Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Ranger,

It depends on how familiar you are with the job. Several guys have shown step by step process of adding the leveling kit. I would say an hour per side is enough time for a guy that understands the fundamentals. Make sure you have all of the tools you'll need first. What leveling kit are you going with? Most will recommend Auto Spring or AS. Good luck! Also, I'm biased to black, but if you already have chrome accents on your truck, it would look great with some nice chrome wheels as well. Take a look around the site, it should give you plenty of ideas.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:02 AM
well first one what kind of truck do you have? 2wd, 4wd? what kind of leveling kit?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:50 AM
I have a 2004 FX4. I recently put a leveling kit on. 2 1/2 AS. I used air tools and a lift. It took me 1 hr on the first side and 1/2 on the second side. Not bad. Hardest part, IMO, was putting the control arm back in the spindle.
I have a Black truck too, Im also planning on getting a 6" fabtech and I am going to get some chromies.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I just used hand tools and a couple of jacks. It also took me about an hour for the first side and a half an hour for the second side. Assuming you have a four wheel drive you can probably get the 295s on ur truck with aftermarket set of wheels. It may need a little trimming tho! Good luck!

Quick Reply: How long to install 2 inch leveling kit install