Toyo Oopen Country M/T

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyo Oopen Country M/T

I just bought my 05 FX4 Screw, & it has 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers. As you all know they are rediculously loud. I am thinking of getting the Toyo Open Country M/T's to replace them. I know all of the M/T's make noise, but can I expect a dramatic decrease from the Nitto's?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Doubtfull.... My Toyo A/Ts give off a good 'humm' on the hwy too.....

Mitch

Old 10-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Well.. I can't honestly tell you how much of a decrease in noise you're going to get from the Nittos, but I'm sure it's definately going to be very noticeable.

Now here's what I can tell you.. Toyos are much more wearable and driveable in composition in comparison to the Nittos. The Toyos are made from a stiffer compound which enables them to last longer, and sound much quieter. The Nittos are made from a considerably softer compound and from what I've heard wear down fairly quickly, which also produces more road noise.. Your ride quality should also increase fairly noticeably as well due to the design of the progressive tread pattern on the Toyos. Honestly.. I have 35x12.5r20 Toyo MTs and I've never heard any noticeable road noise from them at highway speeds, even with the radio off, the exhaust is much louder than anything else..

So in conclusion.. I would say the Toyos would be much more suitable for pavement pounding, while the Nittos would be slightly more, if any, better for offroad purposes. Your money, your truck.. but I would definately make the switch to Toyos if your really annoyed by Nittos that bad.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MitchF150
Doubtfull....

Mitch
Huh? You have to be kidding. The difference is night and day.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you will notice a big difference.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
IT will be a HUGE difference. I only know cuz a good friend of mine that i have worked with for 3 years went from the Cooper STT's (yes i know its not the Nitto's) to the Toyo M/T's and he absolutely loves the difference, as do i since i ride with him everyday on lunch break out the local gas station for some grub. Mine you these were 37's on a big v10 dodge ram. now instead of hearing a tire hum we can finally here the exhaust that he put on the truck. Much better IMHO.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Huh? You have to be kidding. The difference is night and day.
Not kidding, but just talking out of my *** I guess, as I've not had the M/T's, so I'm just spewing stuff really!

I do know that when I have my window open and I pass or I am being passed by a truck with 'any' kind of M/T tire, it's howling up a storm and even my A/T's give off a good hum as I stated, so I guess I'm just saying that if you are running an M/T tire, it's gonna be loud so deal with it! ha, ha...

I gotta say that I've got over 65,000 miles on my Toyo AT's and there is still about 40 % tread left! The Toyo's do wear well!!

Mitch

Old 10-16-2008, 04:59 PM
My Toyo M/T are super quiet. My neighbor has Nitto M/T and I can hear him 2 blocks away. The Toyos are a bit more, but def worth the price. Hope this helps!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for everything. I assumed they wouldn't be as quiet. I once had a friend tell me that the wider the gap in the tread the louder the tires were. Don't get me wrong the humm isn't unberable but I would prefer them to be a little quieter. I'm sure I will be asking for more as this is my first 4x4 & is going to be my project.

Quick Reply: Toyo Oopen Country M/T