Want to buy my hubby new wheels and tires.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your honest best bet is just to let him pick them out himself..... dont get me wrong, you would probably do a great job and all, but im sure he has his "ideas" of what he wants and all. www.4wheelparts.com has awesome deals, and you can call them on the phone the best pricing yet. pro comp has tires on sale for this month, and even some of their wheels are still on sale for buy 3 get 1 free at 4wheelparts. i personally ran nitto terra grappler AT's, and i HATED them !!! they didnt have the best traction, and even when new they have a tread depth of 16/32", so they never looked "tough" IMO. there are too many combinations to pick from, so i would honestly just let him pick them out.... he will still appreciate it just as much !!!

good luck either way you go, and be sure to let us know what you choose !!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Get the wheels IDNC has. No way your husband wouldn't like those. Throw some BFG all terrains on there, and you got yourself the best all terrain tire out there, with a great looking set of wheels.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by IDNC76
what makes you say that, i had the nitto Tg's on my truck for 8 k and they still looked new, pretty mean looking A/T, quiet on the road. they re pretty reasonable price wise

Nitto = toyo btw
all the experiences i have had with them i have not been pleased with. but they are much cheaper than bfg or toyo (yes i no toyo and nitto are the same but the quality is not as good as toyo). i have heard of people getting terrible mileage out of them. but for the price they are a good deal. was not terribly impressed with them offroad either. this is just my opinion on terra grapplers.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
ok theres a new wheel i have not seen anybody run that would probly look sick on your husbands truck.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...1118&rc=TNWINT

and for tires. i would recommend an All-terrain.

i have bfg at/ko there really good, but their not actually 12.5" wide which is my only complaint.

pro comp xtreme AT are nice i have heard (i believe they have a 40K warranty on them)
toyo's are nice tires as well.

stay away from nitto terra grapplers their crap
https://www.f150online.com/forums/wh...c-jesters.html

Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with Mattd17. There are like a million and one choices for wheel and tire combinations, not to even mention wheel size. Maybe get a gift card to Discount Tire or 4 Wheel Parts. Or you could get some wheel/tire catalogs or pictures and wrap them up and let him decide. This site and FTW would be a good place to find some pics of trucks similar to his with different size and wheel combo's.
What I'm saying is a man's choice of wheels/tires on his truck is a deeply personal decision. It may be similar to him taking you to a salon and having a stylist give you a new hair style without your input.

Last edited by wandell; 10-22-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:19 AM
IDNC your truck is awesome looking! Is it lifted or does it just have the leveling kit? What size tires are your running? Thanks to everyone one for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I also vote foe the 7005's. He would love them. They seem to be really hot right now.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 AM
^^^ pic with the little man is awesome.

Wandell and Matt have good points. See, all these guys love the 7005's but if I got them, I would be truly dissappointed (no offense guys, looks great, just not MY type of wheel) I hate the dangly little spokes, and what not. I am more a classic guy, give me the regular THICK 5 spoke, or the bullet hole style. I think Wandell has something by wrapping up some tire/wheel mags and letting him pick. Took me MONTHS to finally pick mine, and run these 8023's. No regrets, love em. Anyways, my point being, every man has his own opinion. I am sure he has an idea of what he wants, and what looks GREAT to one guy, looks horrible to another. Just something to think about.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I have one in my gallery that looks like he is taking a leak on the tire.

He's not though. I wish he could stand up and pee! Or set down and pee for that fact.

Oh well I'd be peeing in a diaper too if I was wearing one.

Sorry back on topic.

Ya wrapping up the mags is a good idea.

Most of the times it's pretty hard to return wheels unless you have a store you can go to and pick them up. Over the internet it gets hairy.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Please give me a call. I'll be glad to walk you through finding everything you need. We mount and balance at no charge and include all hardware. I'm a one-stop shop!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:32 PM
^^ one stop shop, and DAMN good prices ! much better option then the "others" listed, IMO.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
^^ one stop shop, and DAMN good prices ! much better option then the "others" listed, IMO.
x2..
I'd be careful of 4wheelparts, at least their internet and phone sales anyways, truly horrible customer service among everything else, IMO.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Suspended
i agree with who ever mentioned letting your husband pick out his wheels. it is a tough choice. i already and excited about getting new wheels and tires again and i still have about 35k miles to go i would recommend atleast 18" wheels tho. alot more tire choices.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by hiedelyn
IDNC your truck is awesome looking! Is it lifted or does it just have the leveling kit? What size tires are your running? Thanks to everyone one for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!
leveling kit + 3in body lift with 35/12.5R20 toyo mts

Old 10-23-2008, 08:58 PM
First, absolutely awesome that you want to do this for him. I'm sure you've heard that the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach...well, 1A is through his pick-up.

It all depends on if you are set on totally surprising him or not. If so, you should keep an eye on him to see what wheels/tires he's checking out online, etc.. If he doesn't appear to have a specific set in mind, but you feel sure that black is what he'd like....go for it. I swear he'll get a case of the hootiepucker's (sob uncontrollably) if you do!

I'm partial to the KMC XD Rockstar's, but there are many black wheels to pick from. Pro Comp, Ballistic, Moto Metal, etc... Tire-wise, you absolutely can't go wrong with the BFGoodrich AT K/O's. To avoid the need for a leveling kit, I'd recommend either a 17" wheel with a 285/70/17 tire or an 18" wheel with a 285/65/18 tire.

Hope this helps....

Last edited by abarkerr2; 10-23-2008 at 09:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Want to buy my hubby new wheels and tires.