40s or 38s on 24s

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this thread got more life than it should have....

Old 10-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by FX4life
I think this thread got more life than it should have....
i definetly agree.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Fifty150
If a man goes up to the woods, and comes back with animals looking like rape victims; who are we to judge?
It does get pretty boring in the woods sometimes.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by lf22
i totally agree with the guy above me just because you see a high schoo kid with 20s and 35s or 22s dosent mean you have to hate on us just because we might have worked our *** off to afford it so just because where not old and like to be flashy then dont hate on us and i no one of the reasons why i like running big wheels are they are flashy and girls like flashy get any girl to take a look at a truck if ones sitting on 17s and the other on 22s i promise the girl will like the bigger one on 22s unless she is 40
my girl doesn't really care about wheel size, just how big the truck is itself. I won't go out of my way to bash people who choose larger wheel sizes, I just don't understand spending the extra money for more wheel/less rubber. To me, trucks have a much 'meaner' stance when they have a lot more rubber. Take my truck on 38's and compare it to the same screw on 22's and 38's and tell me which one has the more aggressive stance?

edit: and I'm definitely not an old fart, I'm also still in college.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
man, yall are funny as s***. Im in high school and paid for most of my truck. I have a f-150 with 6in lift of 35x12.50x17 and my buddies got a z71 on 35x12.50x20 and people laugh at him all the time.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Suspended
apparently not all highschool/college kids want 20's or bigger. me, cashel, good ole boy all like the small rim big tire package. and x2 to what cashel said, most girls dont care about rim size, just size of the truck.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
yeah man, smaller rims, big tires is where its at. Bigger tires, smaller rims just have a BAD A** stance. and x2 to the chicks would rather go muddin down on the river vs. trip to the mall.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
apparently not all highschool/college kids want 20's or bigger. me, cashel, good ole boy all like the small rim big tire package. and x2 to what cashel said, most girls dont care about rim size, just size of the truck.
Can count me in too for one of the young ones (25 is still young right?) and might as well add mSall150 and MercedesTech to the list

Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
well damn yall just a bunch of rednecks then aint ya with 44 inch tires and 15 inch wheels yee haww thats what im talkin about!!! you got to be kidding me if your going to take one of the biggest investments of your life and go swamp it off in the mud and mess it all up you go right ahead they while you are in the shop gettin **** fixed i will come choppin on by ya laughing cause you screwed your truck up! oh ya and for the high schooler with 17s you must live in redneckville usa cause here in the atl we do it with 20s or better and the reason why your buddy gets laughed at is because he is probally a goofy lookin dip spittin bastard

Old 10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by 07fx4silver
Can count me in too for one of the young ones (25 is still young right?) and might as well add mSall150 and MercedesTech to the list

As for the guys getting upset about my earlier comment, its all in good fun. I don't like that type of "look" or whatever you want to call it. I will bag on you, make fun of you, and buy ya a couple beers and shoot the chit with you. There is no harm meant behind this stuff, so ya gotta calm down a bit, and realize its all in good fun. If we all were happy go lucky, got along, and liked each other, things would get damn boring around here.

Also, someone said "buy a Jeep" ?? Come on, Jeep's are like Tampon's, every pusy has one ! Do you part to keep our trails clean, keep Heeps on pavements !! (I own a Suzuki Samurai, thats my off road toy. But I need a capable tow rig to get it out to some of the places I go. )

Old 10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
well damn yall just a bunch of rednecks then aint ya with 44 inch tires and 15 inch wheels yee haww thats what im talkin about!!! you got to be kidding me if your going to take one of the biggest investments of your life and go swamp it off in the mud and mess it all up you go right ahead they while you are in the shop gettin **** fixed i will come choppin on by ya laughing cause you screwed your truck up! oh ya and for the high schooler with 17s you must live in redneckville usa cause here in the atl we do it with 20s or better and the reason why your buddy gets laughed at is because he is probally a goofy lookin dip spittin bastard

I don't play in the deep mud.

I fix my own chit. I have done, and will do all my own work. Ya, believe it or not, I actually know about the chit I ride around on. I know, odd concept huh ?

My Samurai would crawl all over your huge 35" rims !

I have a friend, owns a 07 SD and has the 20" factory rims on it. He gets harassed and made fun of constantly. Its just somethin to bag on him about. Its all in good fun. Don't need to get yourself so worked up little guy !

if we live in "redneck" usa and are all a bunch of hicks.... then that means you all live in the ghetto, with yo 9 strapped all the time, bumpin yo bass hardcore, and thizzin all day. That, or you wear flat bill hats, knee high socks, goofy glasses, and call each other "bro". See, I can stereotype too !! woo hoo !! Try again bud.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesTech

As for the guys getting upset about my earlier comment, its all in good fun. I don't like that type of "look" or whatever you want to call it. I will bag on you, make fun of you, and buy ya a couple beers and shoot the chit with you. There is no harm meant behind this stuff, so ya gotta calm down a bit, and realize its all in good fun. If we all were happy go lucky, got along, and liked each other, things would get damn boring around here.

Also, someone said "buy a Jeep" ?? Come on, Jeep's are like Tampon's, every pusy has one ! Do you part to keep our trails clean, keep Heeps on pavements !! (I own a Suzuki Samurai, thats my off road toy. But I need a capable tow rig to get it out to some of the places I go. )

Sorry MercedesTech we just can't be friends anymore.....I never thought that an extra 2 inches of wheel would come between us like this but I just cannot go on knowing how you feel now.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Suspended
yea, dude houston is redneckville usa.....
i aint bashin 20's but its a LIFTED truck, if you dont use it at all offroad then you have no use for it. no one cares if you go thru deep chit or what not but why spend 4k on suspension and tires if your not gonna use them at all. and the reason we aint running 15" wheels is cuz we can only fit 17's at the smallest on the 04-08 f150 and 16" on the 97-03 f150, and 44's are pointless on a IFS based truck. you will destroy the trucks whole front end.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by efuehrin
Sorry MercedesTech we just can't be friends anymore.....I never thought that an extra 2 inches of wheel would come between us like this but I just cannot go on knowing how you feel now.

this is it then ? Never woulda thought.....

well...... bye !

Quick Reply: 40s or 38s on 24s