rear brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear brake lines

I need some advise, I'm working on a 97 F150 with the 9.75 dana rear end. One of the rear brake hardlines blew, and I have played hell trying to find replacements that are pre-bent - that actually work. I would love to find them in stainless since the truck is always near the beach - any thoughts? has anyone tried the kit you make yourself with the special slip fit connectors?

Old 12-13-2008, 07:50 AM
I bought a roll from HERE and used my old fittings. If you are not comfortable flaring the ends, then, I would go with the pre made ones from your local parts store.

You are going to have a very hard time getting pre bent lines. I have always had to bend my own lines...

Old 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't mind doing the work on flairing, but it would make the repair faster to have them pre made - especially with a 1.5 hour drive time to get to the vehicle! That and due to the corrosion I am going to have to cut the lines and replace the wheel cylinders. Thanks for the link, I may go that way - maybe if my neighbor is nice enough, I can borrow his 98 f150 to try and pre bend them at home first!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might try these for pre-bent lines www.inlinetube.com or www.classictube.com they both advertise stainless as well as original steel.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:14 AM
Originally Posted by bandbautowurks
I don't mind doing the work on flairing, but it would make the repair faster to have them pre made - especially with a 1.5 hour drive time to get to the vehicle! That and due to the corrosion I am going to have to cut the lines and replace the wheel cylinders. Thanks for the link, I may go that way - maybe if my neighbor is nice enough, I can borrow his 98 f150 to try and pre bend them at home first!
Sounds like you are in the same situation I was in earlier this year. I was so fed up with it that I just replaced every single line on the truck, and every other component it takes to make the system to work except the master cylinder and the booster(booster is not that old).

I gueass, all in all, it took me about 8-10 hours to do it. I just took my time and had a few beers LOL. I finally got it worked out, and, am very happy I did it.

Good luck man.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its just 3/16 line right?? autozone,advanced, napa have preflared lenghths in stock all u need is the connector piece and they have those also. i used those to replace the rear line in my old 97 150 and a dakota i use to have. i had to buy a rear flex line for my superduty right rear wheel and it was a dealer only item and it cam with the hard line prebent going right to the axle tee fitting it was like $65 rip off.

Last edited by keith97xlt; 12-27-2008 at 05:46 AM.

Quick Reply: rear brake lines