People with Nitto Mud Grapplers....I have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nittos are manufactured by Toyo, Mickey Thompson and Pro Comps are manufactured by Cooper. Firestone Destination AT's are the 2nd highest rated AT tire on Tire Rack.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by jaburk
Nittos are manufactured by Toyo, Mickey Thompson and Pro Comps are manufactured by Cooper. Firestone Destination AT's are the 2nd highest rated AT tire on Tire Rack.
show me where you found this unuseful information not that it makes a difference

Different name, different tread compound, different tread pattern, different wear patterns.

It doesnt matter who owns who, the tread compounds on these tires are pattened to that make.

For instance Interco now owns Denman but the tread construction and rubber compound is still the same as when Denman was construction the Ground Hawg tires.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:21 AM
4.2trimble, I completly agree with your MT recommendations. I personnally would not recommend a MT tire on a street truck unless you have more $$$ that brains. I run the Nitto Terra Grappler and love them. Great wear and smooth, quiet ride. They look pretty good too. I have run the Firestone Destination AT's and they are a great tire also. I just like the looks of the Nittos better.

About Toyo Tire Holdings of Americas Inc.: Cypress, California-based Toyo
Tire Holdings of Americas Inc. (TTHA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TOYO
TIRE & RUBBER CO., LTD. (established 1946 with headquarters in Osaka, Japan). TTHA owns and operates several tire manufacturing, distribution and sales subsidiaries within the United States, Canada and Mexico, including Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing Inc. in White, Georgia. TTHA provides overall management and supervision for the group companies, as well as shared services, and includes the strategic planning, finance, and administration, logistics and risk management functions. TOYO TIRES (consisting of the TOYO TIRES and Nitto brands) is the 11th largest tire manufacturer in the world, with seven manufacturing plants and a worldwide distribution network that includes the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Oceania. In addition to original equipment and replacement tires, TOYO TIRES manufactures and distributes automobile components and rubber industrial products.

Procomp Tires are designed and manufactured by the Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company is a global company specializing in the design, manufacture and sales of passenger car, light truck, medium truck, motorcycle and racing tires, as well as tread rubber and related equipment for the retread industry. With headquarters in Findlay, Ohio, Cooper Tire has 39 manufacturing, sales, distribution, technical and design facilities around the world.

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels, owned by the Cooper Tire & Rubber Company of Findlay, Ohio, USA, designs,develops, and markets racing and high performance tires for drag racing cars and motorcycles, modified street cars, off-road race vehicles, modified pick-up trucks and sport utility vehicles. The company, founded in 1963 by racing legend Mickey Thompson, is headquartered in Stow, Ohio, USA, and offers a wide range of tires and wheels in unique sizes to enhance the look and performance of these specialty high performance and racing vehicles. For more information, visit: www.mickeythompsontires.com

**** Cepek tires are also manufactured/owned by Cooper.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:54 AM
The terrra grappler is a good overall at tire. I am currently sitting at 36k with mine (of course I rotate every 5k and monitor air pressure). They still have some life in them but I am switching over to a MT, prob the kumho's or baja claw radials. I just need a good tire that cleans well in this ga/al red clay.

Quick Reply: People with Nitto Mud Grapplers....I have a few questions.