Aggresive or Street???

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep checking out this thread and looking at how good those Nitto's look on those factory wheels. And im thinking that im going to get a 2nd opinion about pulling those pipes in front of my right rear. Heck I mean I dont see why they cant move that muffler up a foot and they could use the current pipes and cut them in half and rebend 1 time then weld a tip? I think im going to make a few phone calls tommorow. Im just going to keep my opinion its a sick looking stockish 'big' ish! setup.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the compliments.

As for tires, I don't know how big you could go with your setup but considering mine is stock and I have 285/65/18's on there and I have never rubbed. I crank it pretty hard a lot of the time and it's just not possible. With that being said for mine, I'm sure you could fit a bigger size on yours. When I bought the Nitto's I had just seen pictures from this site; never in person. It was a nice relief when I first saw them in person because I love the pattern on them.

As for the side exit. I'm not too smart when it comes to these kinds of things but I think your muffler guy is wrong. I've had two different mufflers on here with this setup. I used to have a Flowmaster and now have the Hooker. Don't know if there is a muffler size difference between those two and the Magnaflows but I can't imagine there being a big difference. If they installed it high, wouldn't be a simple matter of some cutting and rewelding?

Anyway, I used to have the pipe in the back in the standard location but wanted to try something different. All they did was cut off the exit pipe and put a new one that was bent to fit the spot I wanted. Cost all of 60 bucks. I was watching them do it, all they did was measure, bend, and weld. I was curious if I could do another pipe in the same location on the driver's side but the gas tank would be in the way.

I would just hit up a different shop. Also, it'd be better to drive to the shop. Originally I was making calls to a bunch of them and it seemed to confuse them. It's much easier for them to look at what they're working with.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by dexx00420; 12-31-2008 at 03:20 AM. Reason: kannt spel gud
Old 12-31-2008, 04:26 PM
I got ahold of an old exhaust shop I used years ago with my Avalanche. He said from what I told him over tha phone it sounded like the piping thats on it now would have to be replaced rather than rebent since it was probley so close to the axle there would be no room, but maybe theres hope. I got a appointment friday morning at 8:30 . Told him I was gonna go ahead and get it done and put some tips on so im excited now. Hope you dont think im copying ya I just have had two 2.25 pipes sticking out for a year now and im not happy with them. Cya!

BTW I was driving around today pickin up some baby stuff, started thinking back to when I stayed out in California at Ft. Irwin for a few months, I guess if I had the chance Id probley roll my truck out into the sand for awhile. But at the same time I did tow a humvee back from Yuma, AZ. It was raining and holy cow did it take 3 or 4 hours at the wash racks to get that thing cleaned up. So yeah I wouldnt do it much lol. Ill post some pics as soon as I get her situated.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Hope you dont think im copying ya
Not at all....good luck!

Quick Reply: Aggresive or Street???