Aggresive or Street???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008 | 06:39 PM
|
Aggresive or Street???

About two months from now I'll be getting a pretty decent tax return and am wanting to do something with my truck. I can't seem to make up my mind on what I want to do though.

Part of me wants to lift it up 6" and put 35's on or level it out and put just a little bigger wheels and tires on it.

Another part of me wants to give it the street look and put 22's or 24's on. I've read that you can take the blocks out of the back and it'll level it out on the lower end. I don't want to lower the truck any more than that.

It's not a 4x4 so I can't really use it off road too much but at the same time I would like to be able to take it off some times without worrying about messing up my tires.

I love both looks. I think the lifted version looks nice and rugged but at the same time I think the street look is nice and sleek. I just can't make up my mind.

Any thoughts, personal experience, suggestions, etc. would be helpful.

Thanks

Old 12-29-2008 | 07:24 PM
I would lower the rear - if it does have blocks remove them if not get 2" Drop shackles.

I was undecided so I went with the front AS 2". Now I am undecided on leaving the tires alone and driving it for a year or so as is or buying bigger tires. I have decided that I will go with the 285/65R18 Nitto TG's if I choose that route.

I have contemplated removing the AS 2" and lowering the rear 2" - I know what a waste
of time and effort - but the lower look is growing on me!

I can lower it and not worry about the current tire/wheel setup. I can sell my wheels and tires for about 800.00 and buy me some 20's!

I just got to figure out what look I want and GO FOR it!

So....whichever you are leaning more towards - go that route!

Old 12-29-2008 | 07:29 PM
|
That's the problem..........I'm leaning towards both

How do you know if it has the rear blocks or not?

Old 12-29-2008 | 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by dexx00420
That's the problem..........I'm leaning towards both

How do you know if it has the rear blocks or not?
Go look and see if there is a block between the leaf springs and the perch.

Old 12-29-2008 | 07:52 PM
|
The truck is pictured at the top of the thread. If you're talking about the rear, I won't be able to until tomorrow.

Old 12-29-2008 | 07:56 PM
The guy that helped me put my AS 2" in looked and I did not have the rear blocks.

Old 12-29-2008 | 08:05 PM
only 4x4's have the blocks

you need a drop shackle they run under $100 and will lower it 2"

o and as for agresive vs street why not both?

Old 12-29-2008 | 09:02 PM
I'd have to level it and throw on some 295x70x17 Nitto terra grappler's and use the stock wheel's if they are 17". Just my 2 cent's!

Old 12-29-2008 | 10:20 PM
I love both looks. Currently I'm luckey enough to have one of each.

Old 12-29-2008 | 11:03 PM
|
Originally Posted by azmidget91
only 4x4's have the blocks

you need a drop shackle they run under $100 and will lower it 2"

Well that sucks

Old 12-29-2008 | 11:39 PM
personally I'd go with the level'd and a set of 305/55/20's.... guess i'm a lil biased tho. Your getting your aggressive look but still somewhat street. you'll be able to do the off-roading your wanting to without worrying ...well obviously not going all out... just my .02 tho...

Old 12-30-2008 | 12:07 AM
Dexx, I guess im right there with you my friend. I have really been putting some thought into what im going to do with my truck. Currently I have a Level on it which is high, but I have more street wheel/tire setup thanks to not paying attention to backspacing on wheels. Then again I think back to the amount of times my truck has been in actual 4wd and its only 2wice. 1st time when I bought my truck, and 2nd time was last summer when my buddie turned the switch when I had my head turned . The temps and climate around here as changed and we really have no winter, almost like a fall type felling most of the year and a spring and summer. I didnt know about a block under a 4x4 that lowers the rear, now with that being said I wouldnt mind looking at some photos of the procedure done and what it might look like with my wheel/tire setup. Next year im putting some thought into trading for a 2010 F150 screw 2wd? I guess it all depends on what you do most, btw I like your exhaust set up man!

Old 12-30-2008 | 01:53 AM
|
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Dexx, I guess im right there with you my friend. I have really been putting some thought into what im going to do with my truck. Currently I have a Level on it which is high, but I have more street wheel/tire setup thanks to not paying attention to backspacing on wheels. Then again I think back to the amount of times my truck has been in actual 4wd and its only 2wice. 1st time when I bought my truck, and 2nd time was last summer when my buddie turned the switch when I had my head turned . The temps and climate around here as changed and we really have no winter, almost like a fall type felling most of the year and a spring and summer. I didnt know about a block under a 4x4 that lowers the rear, now with that being said I wouldnt mind looking at some photos of the procedure done and what it might look like with my wheel/tire setup. Next year im putting some thought into trading for a 2010 F150 screw 2wd? I guess it all depends on what you do most, btw I like your exhaust set up man!
Sheesh, 4wd twice since owning kinda sucks. That option on the trucks is a nice chunk of change.

As far as deciding which way to go, it would be one thing if it was affordable to go one route and not like it then go the other but we're talking several grand either way.

I know for a fact I won't use the off road type too much but it looks so damn good. Again, at the same time seeing some of these street trucks on here looks extremely classy.

I'm in the same boat about the 2010's. At first I didn't like them but I've seen a couple on the road and they look beautiful. I live near a Ford dealership and seeing them lined up they look so good. My main problem with wanting to go with a 2010 is the fact that I'm sick of having a payment. I know I'd love to have one but to start all over with buying an expensive truck isn't too appealing.

BTW, thanks for the exhaust compliment; I like it and where I live I haven't seen any others like it.

Old 12-30-2008 | 10:35 PM
I know what you mean about the off-road look being so sweet. I look through some of these guys galleries and just drool at times. But I think about it and I realize that cant be me, theres no where to put to use all the equipment. I am thinking about taking my level kit off for sure. I just dont know about the rear blocks yet. I too live within a mile from a Ford Dealership but its about to go under, they only have 3 09's there. I would like to find a few of the 09 STX models to look at. Im more into color match instead of chrome. Then you gotta worry about being alil bit negative on your truck if you bought it new Im sure they would have to be extremely ready to sale a 09 to work with my trade. I just need a 4 door.

I went to a exhaust shop a few weeks ago and asked the guy if I could just reroute my exhaust setup out in front of the right rear wheel just like yours. The first guy that did my magnaflow setup put my muffler up way to far to spit the pipes out the side .

But Dexx to be honest I know its stock and its grinding on you to change something. The setup you are running with the things you got currently and those tires on those wheels, that truck is hot as hell. I mean you said class you got a very mod looking setup without really changing all that much. I might just recommend a level kit, but the stance looks awesome on it now. IMO.

Last edited by Strikeswiftly; 12-30-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2008 | 10:41 PM
|
Yeah, the dealership that I've bought all my Fords from offered me an 08 FX4 fully loaded for 29k. The sticker on the thing was 41. So I'd say they're pretty desperate. However, they wouldn't match that same price for a 09, bummer on that one.

I've seen some of these lifted monsters and become jealous but like you, I wouldn't use it all that much. I do live about 2 miles from a very famous sand dunes location but it's a bitch to clean sand off the truck.

I don't know. It's frustrating trying to decide.

Quick Reply: Aggresive or Street???