Tire Delima

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008 | 11:12 PM
|
Tire Delima

Ok here is the deal. I'm in need of new tires within 3-5K miles. The shop manager at my local Ford dealership has a brand new set of Pirelli atr's that he bought for his vehicle and didn't fit they are a 325 60 20 which is what i need. The good part he wants 800 for them and will have them mounted and road forced balanced and nitro filled for free since he is the shop manager.
The problem is every review I read is completely different. One person says they are great the next says they suck. One person says they cant be stopped in snow the next says the suck in snow not that we get much snow here anyway. Also i do 95% of my driving on road so they seem like the logical choice plus most tires people recommend are not available in the size i need. I am currently running Terra Grapplers and will be lucky to get 20 k out of them so i will not be going back with them.

Old 01-01-2009 | 09:49 AM
Personally, I wouldn't risk going with the ATR's after all of the bad reviews I've read here.

Old 01-02-2009 | 03:33 PM
I have 275/55/20 Pirelli ATR's with 30K miles. I do about 60% city, 30% highway and 10% off road. I never had a problem with them until it started snowing. I am sliding too much for a 4x4. They probably have about 20K left on them but I am looking for a new set of all terraines. Goodyear silent armor, Cooper Discoverer, Toyo open country are my top picks right now. Still trying to figure out which would work best for me. They all seem to have a good ride and decent tread life.

Old 01-02-2009 | 09:45 PM
Suspended
i wouldn't take a set of pirelli scorpions for free! abolsutely worthless to be put on a 4x4 truck IMO. are you looking for cheap tires or just came across this deal? if you live in florida and commute with your truck, fine, but i bought a new set of takes and had the bands and crap switched around on monday and by the next monday i put the stockers back on, 4by slides around corners is sooo not fun.

Last edited by ATOM; 01-02-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Tire Delima