ABS Ohm Readings

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Ohm Readings

Have a 2000 Ford F-150 4wd Lariat. Have had an intermittant ABS light for the past year. Primarily get it in wet weather. I replaced the rear ABS sensor and still get it when wet. What OHM value should the front ABS sensors have to be acceptable? Same as the rear? Trying to avoid a scan charge if possible.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Could be water intrusion into the HCU. Unplug the connector, blow it out with air, and spread dielectric grease over the pins and reinstall. Then see what happens. Before you get real crazy with it, you really need to read the codes to lead you to the root cause. Talk to people. A lot of technicians will have their own scan tool capable of this and possibly would charge less than the dealers just to pull the code for you "on the side".

Old 01-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Hang on a sec here I got the big ol' bible book on these trucks.........ok, with the rear sensor in place, take the positive and put it on the left, negative on the right. Ohms should be between 900 and 2500 ohms. Fronts plug has 3 tabs top, 1 large bottom where the other plug lines up and a guide on the left. With that orientation, same thing, pos+ on left, -neg on right, the ohms should be greater than 500 ohms for 4x4, and greater than 4000 for 4x2.

In all likelihood, it's your rear sensor. The abs gear in the diff probably is gummed up too so a fluid change should fix it too. I changed the fluid and sensor and bingo, no more light.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Autozone should scan your vehicle for nothing...

Quick Reply: ABS Ohm Readings