MTs or ATs, trying to strike a balance

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mark Penninger
A guy at 4WheelParts says that I'll get a few more miles from the Terra Grappler than I would the Toyo A/T. Both 10 ply, sturdy tires. I'd like to hear more about the Terra Grappler.
first off i'd take no advice from a guy at 4WP. the nitto terragrapplers have hit and miss with people, some like them and some don't. i heard alot of people wearing them out fast. if you want the best between both world's, check out the pro comp extreme at's. the most aggressive AT you can buy IMO. i've had them on my truck for 7500 miles and they are great. quiet on the interstate, wearing great (they look new yet) work great all around, handles good in snow. the terra has a weak looking tread and they are more of a street tire IMO. of the 3 you stated, hands down go with BFGoodrich

Old 01-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the GY silent armours and love them on and off the road.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just adding my .02 as well as i have MT MTZ's in 265/70 17 and have had them for a year now and they look great but the highway noise is a bit more than i'd like as i'm mainly using the truck for street duty but do head to Lake Tahoe during winter time for some snowboarding so it sees a bunch of wet/icy roads and snow of varying degrees.

The MT's wear great with regular roation every 5k but i should have gone with a AT but the look of the MT got me

Anyway i'll be looking into a set of the BFG AT's or the Nitto's as well but i did have one specific question as i've been noticing the different load capacities on the same exact tire size so what would be the best bet for a truck that tows a bit but not regularly (flat bed w/ a 3000 lb Evo) Load range D or E?

I have a quote on some Nitto's in 265/70 17 shipped for right about $500 is that a better deal than the BFG's that are near $190 each???

Also i'll put up a FOR SALE thread for the MTZ's i have once they are off and will be sold with about 50% left on them (I can have pics if interested) so let me know.....

Last edited by TRIXSNK; 01-13-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply: MTs or ATs, trying to strike a balance