gas & brake pedal ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009 | 07:16 PM
|
gas & brake pedal ???

I am new to this board. AWESOME SIGHT!!!

I am looking for some info on a 2008 F150 super cab.....I am working on designing and building a left hand gas pedal mechanism for my dad who recently lost his right leg due to medical reasons.

The questions I have

1) Is the gas pedal mounted solid to the arm or does pivit???

2) If you lay a 12" ruler on the pedal how far is it from the floor to the center
of the pedal or the pivit point???

3)How big is the distance between the brake pedal and the gas pedal???

4) What is on the left hand side of the brake pedal?? How much room??

I would go and look at my dads truck but he lives 200 miles away...I have my ideas from handicap aid websites wich I can buy one from them. But I am building a cool billett aluminum mechanism, When it is complete I will post it on the site

Old 01-11-2009 | 08:10 PM
The pedal moves with the arm. Go to your local Ford dealer and do the measurements to minimize mistakes ( If you can find an 08). Does his truck have adjustable pedals? The best bet would be to find a similar truck and take measurements.

Old 01-22-2009 | 10:56 AM
You're in luck, if it doesn't have adjustable pedals, the gas pedal is a spring loaded lever with a sensor on it (fly by wire) All you would have to do is remove the lever from where it is and install it on the opposite side. Check the firewall for obstructions before drilling. You may have to extend the wiring harness on the sensor however.

Quick Reply: gas & brake pedal ???