anyone know about the swamper m16 tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009 | 09:01 PM
|
anyone know about the swamper m16 tires

im most likely gonna go with the 37/13.50/20 i was wonderin what kind of tread life to expect and what kind of road noise whats comparable with them for noise

Old 01-21-2009 | 11:17 PM
i found this post about them

My old tires were nitto mud grapplers, and I like them alot more than those. Im not exactly sure about the depth of the tread, but they are big lugs of rubber. I havent been through thick florida mud with them, but they seemed to keep pretty clean from what i went through. They kept grabbing, and they are a pretty soft tire (compared to my grapplers). They are definately alot quieter on the road, and the milage is about the same. I havent run on them for more than 1,000 miles even, so its too early to tell about tread wearing. But I have gotten many compliments on them. The only negative I have is that Discount Tire said that they were almost impossible to balance. I am going to take them to 4wheelparts to see if they can do a better job, because at freeway speed I feel a little offbalanceness. Not enough to do anything, it just doesnt feel quite the same to me. In conclusion, great tire. And I am not a Super Swamper lover, not only for pure mud and rocks.

Last edited by floorit; 01-21-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2009 | 11:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I know of only one guy on here that has them, he's from Louisiana too. I don't think he ever gets on b/c I've asked him how they are wearing. Interco tire (co. that makes swampers) is located about an hour away from here...I might call the company and see what people are reporting. I want to run these tires too if I can make them last longer (I can get them at cost) than these Kumho's so far about 16k miles and half tread is gone.

Old 01-21-2009 | 11:28 PM
can you get me some at cost

Old 01-21-2009 | 11:29 PM
its a Interco tire. and like most interco tires they are soft and wear rather quickly.

id say the mileage yo can expect anywhere from 15-35k depending on your driving habits.

Give me a few more months and ill beable to report with better info, and a smaller gap in mileage.

Old 01-21-2009 | 11:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by floorit
can you get me some at cost
haha if i could i would man...i get them from a buddy who owns a off road shop with a dealership deal with interco,we usually do favors for each other

Quick Reply: anyone know about the swamper m16 tires