Leveled yesterday, wheels/tires tomorrow!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlkButy
How much the chromes cost?
Here's the link for where I bought them

Looks like the 18x9s run 219 each. 20x10s run 300 each. Mine are 20x9 but that width in 20" is only offered in black.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wait I a sec, did you have those wheels and tires photoshoped to your truck awhile back? I had seen this same truck with these wheels just without a level on here, and though it was exceptionally bad a$$ saved it to my pc to use as a guide for myself lol. I know cause the same grey building is in both pictures.
BTW that a decent price for those wheels man might have to check that place out when its time to get tires. What you give for yours?

Old 01-17-2009, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
wait I a sec, did you have those wheels and tires photoshoped to your truck awhile back? I had seen this same truck with these wheels just without a level on here, and though it was exceptionally bad a$$ saved it to my pc to use as a guide for myself lol. I know cause the same grey building is in both pictures.
BTW that a decent price for those wheels man might have to check that place out when its time to get tires. What you give for yours?

My wheels were $240 each and tires were $327 each. Pretty good price. Was cheaper than 4wheelparts and I didn't have to pay shipping.

As for the photoshop, yeah that was me. I photoshopped the Monsters on some BFG KM2s originally. I thought the same thing after looking at that one picture. It looks very similar.

edit:

Last edited by mblouir; 01-17-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:03 PM
truck looks sick!!!!! you have one evil truck!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by che22879
truck looks sick!!!!! you have one evil truck!!!
Thanks brother. What size rims are those? That's what I call evil.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by mblouir
Thanks brother. What size rims are those? That's what I call evil.
thanks! those are 22" forte rims. I got them as a gift. but I have a set of 22" Harley's in my office for when I get the truck back from the body shop. Got hit back in october and decided to do some upgrades.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:33 PM

looks perfect i cant think of anything more you can add to it.

mayb roush grill and some hids ?

Old 01-17-2009, 07:35 PM

Man this place is terrible for the wallet....I've thought about the Roush grill and HIDs, actually, but I've spent enough $$ as it is right now. My next purchase is gonna be a detailing kit when tax money comes in. I have some terrible swirls in my paint.

I'll be back later--it's time to make a new sig.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy f**k your truck looks real awesome now man! Great choice. No the next thing you need is a lift That would look awesome. But I agree with the detailing kit, maintain that beauty

Funny thing is I'm considering buying a set of FX4 wheels locally for the brand new tires on them, and the chance to dispose of my hideous silver 17"s, and want black pro comp wheels for my truck. Your wheels are in-between what I want.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Holy f**k your truck looks real awesome now man! Great choice. No the next thing you need is a lift That would look awesome. But I agree with the detailing kit, maintain that beauty

Funny thing is I'm considering buying a set of FX4 wheels locally for the brand new tires on them, and the chance to dispose of my hideous silver 17"s, and want black pro comp wheels for my truck. Your wheels are in-between what I want.
Thanks so much, man. I think I remember you said you were looking at the Pro Comp 7089s, right? That's not a bad idea to buy the FX4 wheels for the tires, but you'd have to go through the hassle of selling the wheels somewhere.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:43 PM
SWEET RIMS and TIRES MAN> GREAT COMBO. but what do you mean no good scenery on I-85? You got the hemmerhoidal peach...

Or that confederate graveyard in the median.

I wanna get some around the Reedy River Falls...

But seriously, How much you wanna sell me those rims and tire for??

Old 01-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks so much, man. I think I remember you said you were looking at the Pro Comp 7089s, right? That's not a bad idea to buy the FX4 wheels for the tires, but you'd have to go through the hassle of selling the wheels somewhere.
Yeah I want 7089s, in 18x9. Unsure of what tire, still loving the BFG A/T KOs, but am open to other options, I dont have alot of money to go throwing around.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Man I wish I was going to the show, wonder what the Springfields-XD 40 going for there?
The XDm 9mm in black were around $525, and the green/chrome slide combo was ~$620.

The XDs were in the $400 range.

My next purchase is gonna be a detailing kit when tax money comes in. I have some terrible swirls in my paint.
Looks good man! Detailing black is a PITA, but well worth it when you're done and it looks great!

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 01-18-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:32 AM
awesome looking truck man, love the look! What size are the fx4 rims you had on there? and are you selling them? i have a 98' so i seriously doubt they will fit but i thought i would ask!

again, sick truck man, it looks so good!

Old 01-18-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1st4x4
SWEET RIMS and TIRES MAN> GREAT COMBO. but what do you mean no good scenery on I-85? You got the hemmerhoidal peach...
True but I rarely go North on 85 so I wasn't sure what was around. Probably heading up to Table Rock soon to snap some shots.

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
I dont have alot of money to go throwing around.
That's why this place is terrible.

Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Looks good man! Detailing black is a PITA, but well worth it when you're done and it looks great!

- NCSU
Thanks! Yeah I've seen your shots before and after detailing. That's what I'm shooting for.

Originally Posted by APPnationjal
awesome looking truck man, love the look! What size are the fx4 rims you had on there? and are you selling them? i have a 98' so i seriously doubt they will fit but i thought i would ask!

again, sick truck man, it looks so good!
I appreciate it. They are the stock 18" wheels. Don't quote me on the width but I believe they are 7.5". I painted them myself here. I am planning on letting them go really cheap.

Took a few pics today, here's two:

Last edited by mblouir; 01-18-2009 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Leveled yesterday, wheels/tires tomorrow!!