Bit the dust

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bit the dust

Whats up ! Alright I been doing some searching about brake dust on the OEM pads. We all know they are the most horrid pads on the face of the earth. Not only mine but every other F150 in my area have black front wheels. I have too much money in my wheels to let it go anymore. I read where someone on here put a set of Thermos on here and it completely took care of the issue, then when another member got them it didnt perform the same. I dont want to spend a arm and a leg on them either. Guys leave me some info I need to make a purchase tonite and get them installed next week man my left front wheel had some bad spots on it from brake dust I had to rub off with cleaner and thats not cool they dont even get that dirty. Thanks!

Old 01-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Whats up ! Alright I been doing some searching about brake dust on the OEM pads. We all know they are the most horrid pads on the face of the earth. Not only mine but every other F150 in my area have black front wheels. I have too much money in my wheels to let it go anymore. I read where someone on here put a set of Thermos on here and it completely took care of the issue, then when another member got them it didnt perform the same. I dont want to spend a arm and a leg on them either. Guys leave me some info I need to make a purchase tonite and get them installed next week man my left front wheel had some bad spots on it from brake dust I had to rub off with cleaner and thats not cool they dont even get that dirty. Thanks!
I have had the Wagner ThermoQuiets for 70,000 miles. I can go weeks without dust showing. I get road filth, but no brake dust.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Do you remember the post you had with the fella who supposly the pads didnt work for? I have those actually already saved to my favorites and ready to order I was just looking to get a few other inputs on em. But from your posts is why I even looked the product up so they are on the top of my list.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I went with ceramic pads when I put my aftermarket rims on three years ago and never have a dust problem.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Well, the rear wheels dont get no where near as bad as the front. The wheel does sit alil further off the rotor on the back too im sure thats why. As for now Im looking at a set of the thermos for about 30 bucks to do the fronts? I looked into ceramic pads as well they are alittle higher than I wanted but like I said its really just a matter of doing them once and for all.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:03 PM
where can you get them? any place like auto zone? or web site?? Id like to get a set of the thermo quiets myself.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Im looking at RockAuto Parts catalog, gonna have to ship them but for 30 bucks.

Quick Reply: Bit the dust