Need Serious Help...Tires / 20" or 17"

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Serious Help...Tires / 20" or 17"

Hello, I am currently having a minor crisis it seems. My husband is deployed and I have to get new tires in the next week. My question is what is the largest tire I can put on a factory 06 SCrew with 20" wheels? I have gotten mixed messages from tire places around town and am fully confused!! I am looking at getting Terra Grappler's as the tires I am replacing now are factory and they are awful!!!

Also, would putting factory 17" wheels on the truck be better than the 20"? I only ask this because my 01 had 17's, and we still have the factory wheels in the garage. Would this allow for a larger tire to take up the spacing in the wheel well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by RedneckDiva
Hello, I am currently having a minor crisis it seems. My husband is deployed and I have to get new tires in the next week. My question is what is the largest tire I can put on a factory 06 SCrew with 20" wheels? I have gotten mixed messages from tire places around town and am fully confused!! I am looking at getting Terra Grappler's as the tires I am replacing now are factory and they are awful!!!

Also, would putting factory 17" wheels on the truck be better than the 20"? I only ask this because my 01 had 17's, and we still have the factory wheels in the garage. Would this allow for a larger tire to take up the spacing in the wheel well?

Thanks in advance for your help.
IDK about the exact tire size you can do, someone will chime in on the or try the search on the balck bar, you should find what you need... but what i do know the 17s you have off your '01 will not fit your '06 it has diffrent lug patterns all together.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks. I just finished reading about the 285/65/20 on here. Guess that is where I am headed till he gets home and I get my lift on this one.

Thanks again!!!

Quick Reply: Need Serious Help...Tires / 20" or 17"