Michelins or Pirellis?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In more basic terms- The 75 ratio will have more sidewall and be taller than the 70.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
1. Pirelli Scorpion ATR Score 79 out of 100
2. Yokohama Geolander A/Ts Score 73
3. Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo Score 71
4. Michelin LTX A/T 2 Score 68
I have experience with all four of these tires and as usual, CR has got life and bull chips confused. I think these morons stay messed up on rice wine. The Pirellis didn't last but maybe 35000 miles and they looked like they had been shredded. I have the Yokos on my Screw now and while they ride great, handle great, they cut my fuel mileage by a whopping 30%. I got some of it back by running the tire 8 lbs over max and so far I have no odd tire wear. But fuel mileage is still down 2-3 mpg. The Revos I had on a 02 SCrew and were with out a doubt the worst tire I ever had including El Cheapos or used. The wet weather traction was fabulous but handling otherwise was incredibly horrible. It was like the sidewall had no support and the tire would just fold up going around corners at normal speeds. I had a couple of issues come up with the truck about 5000 miles into the set of tires and just unloaded the truck- the tires were that bad. I have a set of LTXs on my Bronco and that rig has been all over S Texas and on every 14'er in Colorado with the LTX tires. They do have a tendency to get hard as they age and the ride goes away but they wear like iron. Whatever you buy, just make sure if you don't like them you can return them. I try to buy my tires at Discount Tire for that reason. If yer taking votes, mine is on the Michelin's. YMMV

Old 02-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks guys. I managed to sell my old topper for $400, so that plus my tax return $400 will yeild me a new quad of Michelins and shocks all around. Might be a bit much, but since I sold my old man's topper, hes agreed to help the costs if they go over my budget

Quick Reply: Michelins or Pirellis?