wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheel spacers

does anyone know if you can get wheel spacers that you can use with the washer type lugnut, the spacers that i have seen are not recommended to use with the washer type lugnuts

Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
theres a company on ebay that sells spacers. they say if you have washer style lug nuts to call and specal order them. Id check there.

ive got a set of 2.5" spacers on mine, they said not recommended for washer style nuts but i went and changed all the lugs out. I also blue loctited the inside nuts on.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spacers just cause more problems than they're worth.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been tolled that spacers might cause some braking problems... allthough we are having a 3" spacers on our Range Rover Sport with 0 Problems (until now!)

Old 01-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by ian51279
Spacers just cause more problems than they're worth.
the biggest problem they will cause is wheel bearings going bad, but any aftermarket wheel that sticks out enough will do the same.

Ive only ran my for 2 months or so. They havent broke yet... and i beat the livin **** out of them weekly. I really dont think they will break on anything you will encounter on the road expect a head on collision.

I have had my brake pedal to the floor, tires squealin and not even budge the spacers.

It was my last option really, my tires were rubbin the frame when offroading and it was destroying my tie-rods. I didnt want to spend the money on a 16x8" wheel when, since the tires arent even supposed to go on anything bigger that 7" wide wheel. Plus i didnt want to dump alot of money into the truck when im strippin out all the half ton stuff and replacin it with Kingpin D60's

Lets put it this way, my CV's, torsion bars, torsion bar adjustment bolt, ball joints and possibly the front diff, failed before the spacers did. THEY ARE STRONG

Quick Reply: wheel spacers