Installed my Saleen 23" Chrome rims today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NICE !

Nuff said!!

Old 01-31-2009, 01:45 PM
ya the wheels look real good...do u have a leveling kit in the back? or is it a 2wd?

Old 01-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Looks good. Besides josh34 I think I've had my wheels the longest and haven't done anything to them as of yet. I remember the thread on the 44mm 30mm offset but was the big issue with that thread besides not being able to rotate your wheels, Did the one of the set stick out to far? If so how much? LEt me know how those tires go b/c those are the same ones I wanted.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by marcolarco52
ya the wheels look real good...do u have a leveling kit in the back? or is it a 2wd?
2wd,w/2" lowering shackles in the rear.
Originally Posted by pmason718
Did the one of the set stick out to far? If so how much? LEt me know how those tires go b/c those are the same ones I wanted.
The 44mms throw the majority of the tire inside the fender well, those are the fronts, the 30mm throws the tire outside the fender well a bit further and are slightly heavier than the fronts due to more metal at the flange, I went w/4 44mm just for the rotation factor and to me that b/s seemed closer to stock, if you look at my wheels as it is now, the fronts stick our more than the rears which may be why Saleen made the rear w/a different b/s. What ever the case, very pleased so far. Note: Even with the 44mm wheels in the rear, the tires may hit the fender lip if the suspension bottoms all the way out but since their is a giant 4" rubber donut bolted to the underside of the frame on both sides above the axle, I think the suspension will bottom out on the bushings and stop before it hits the fenders...and it would be worse with the 30mm wheels...YMMV

FWIW: after buying all the stuff to use the TPMS on these rims/tires, at the last minute after ****ing around with a new band for over an hour in my garage the night before, I had visions of the sensors coming loose inside the tire so I decided against installing the TPMS sensors. I drove for more than 20 miles BEFORE the f'ing light came on, I though for sure I was home free and my system either wasn't working or was broken at any rate now I have the light issue to deal with, back tape where are you!

Aired the tires up to 40 lbs today, love the handle and very pleased with these overall, the main reason I choose the contis was supposedly their made in Germany, if so, enough said.

Last edited by BayouSupercrew; 01-31-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:38 PM
nice truck!!

Old 01-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Looks really good. I'm in the process of getting everything lined up. I've got my rims, tires and sensors. I'm waiting on the lugs and the bands. What did you torque the lugs at? Those Conti's are one heck of a tire for the price.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by autoworker
Looks really good. I'm in the process of getting everything lined up. I've got my rims, tires and sensors. I'm waiting on the lugs and the bands. What did you torque the lugs at? Those Conti's are one heck of a tire for the price.
Spec is 150ft lbs but today I re-torqued @ 125ft lbs, I commute to work every week so Friday I plan to check them again, I left my torque wrench in the back seat of my truck just for this...
Yeah I think tire rack has the Contis for around $160 ea...FWIW

Old 01-31-2009, 11:24 PM
They look sweet. No install problems just bolt them on and go!!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice!

Old 02-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Looks great

Old 02-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice those look so good

Old 02-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by BayouSupercrew
2wd,w/2" lowering shackles in the rear.

The 44mms throw the majority of the tire inside the fender well, those are the fronts, the 30mm throws the tire outside the fender well a bit further and are slightly heavier than the fronts due to more metal at the flange, I went w/4 44mm just for the rotation factor and to me that b/s seemed closer to stock, if you look at my wheels as it is now, the fronts stick our more than the rears which may be why Saleen made the rear w/a different b/s. What ever the case, very pleased so far. Note: Even with the 44mm wheels in the rear, the tires may hit the fender lip if the suspension bottoms all the way out but since their is a giant 4" rubber donut bolted to the underside of the frame on both sides above the axle, I think the suspension will bottom out on the bushings and stop before it hits the fenders...and it would be worse with the 30mm wheels...YMMV

FWIW: after buying all the stuff to use the TPMS on these rims/tires, at the last minute after ****ing around with a new band for over an hour in my garage the night before, I had visions of the sensors coming loose inside the tire so I decided against installing the TPMS sensors. I drove for more than 20 miles BEFORE the f'ing light came on, I though for sure I was home free and my system either wasn't working or was broken at any rate now I have the light issue to deal with, back tape where are you!

Aired the tires up to 40 lbs today, love the handle and very pleased with these overall, the main reason I choose the contis was supposedly their made in Germany, if so, enough said.
I have the tool to program the sensors to our trucks this way you don't have to pay the dealer. I need to stop b/s ing and drop my wheels off to the powder coater. I'm waiting for this NYC weather to get right then I will proceed.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:12 PM
So all you have is the 2" shackles on the back? Your front looks pretty low too. I have a set sitting in my garage waiting to go on in the spring and am still trying to decide on what setup to do. I wanted to PC them black but being chrome already I don't trust that the Coating over chrome will hold up very well. Also debating on how much to lower it now. Yours looks pretty damn good with just the shackles

Old 02-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Looks good dude!

Quick Reply: Installed my Saleen 23" Chrome rims today!