powdercoating my 22"s.cant decide what color?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
powdercoating my 22"s.cant decide what color?

Alright my chrome is peeling and pitting on one of my wheels and I want to go with a different look this year.Had in mind gloss black but wondered about white just to be different,never really seen a white truck with white wheels around my way.Center cap will stay chrome though so give me your opinions,i'm all ears!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:19 PM
I like the black idea, I don't think the white would work at all.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Black would look good and match your windows and trim. White would look good also and be a little different.
Personally, I think your truck would look a lot better if you lowered it slightly. You don't have to go extreme, just remove the rear 2 inch lift block and back of the torsion bar preload.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, too much white would be too much like the Miami Vice Era, monochrome is out!
Black and lower the front a lil more than the back, good to go, maybe loose the white windshield banner too, YMMV

Old 01-31-2009, 09:13 AM
I love the idea of white wheels, it reminds me of the mags I had on my BMX bike when I was a kid. It's definitely different but it would go with the flow of your truck very well. Just not sure how they would look when coverd with brake dust, dirt, and debris. You would have to really keep up with cleaning and maintaining them. I'm not a big fan of the black wheel look, everybody has them, and they blend in too much with the tire and wheel well. If I was going to spend that much money on wheels I would want them to stand out a little, showcase my investment somewhat. But definitely get rid of that windshield banner.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
Black would look good and match your windows and trim. White would look good also and be a little different.
Personally, I think your truck would look a lot better if you lowered it slightly. You don't have to go extreme, just remove the rear 2 inch lift block and back of the torsion bar preload.
I hate the stance of a stock truck,I cant bring myself to lower it back down to stock height.Its driving me crazy I cant jack it up 6 more inches so as it is.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:47 PM
well dropping the front down to stock height and removing the rear block like wandell said wouldnt be a stock truck..it would be 2 inches lower in the back lol....but ya i think it would look real good with the front dropped back to stock and the rear block removed.....and i personally like the look of white wheels on a white truck i think it would really set it off...or u could go for some kinda combo...black lip with white spokes or something

Old 01-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Do the spokes in black and the lip in white. That would really give you some depth to the lip of those rims and wouldnt really pop the spokes out in your face, also do the center black. I think it would look good, get ahold of some of the really crafty photoshop guys have them work some magic on your wheels. They can render them green, blue, purple? I would do it for ya but you might not like it lol.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:26 PM

Here is my shot at the black verisons lol. I suck at the photoshop thing im a newblet on it. But I mean you can get the general idea. I think black would look good even tho im pro changing things up alil. Maybe you can get the guys to do a strip of red or something around the lip i dunno man really ***** in your court. I think the black looks good tho!

Old 01-31-2009, 04:35 PM
I cant do the centercap in black cause the cap is plastic and already has chrome on it,no way I can get it powdercoated to match and im not taking the chance on just spraypainting it

Old 01-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Suspended
As I always say: white wheels belong on Asian girl's civics, and nothing else. Trust me, you don't want to be a poser for that...

Old 02-01-2009, 12:21 AM
someone else on another forum i visit posted up a white supercrew like mine with white 24's and it didnt look to bad..its still up in the air on the color for now.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:30 AM
flat black would look good. you ever see that show rob and big? it used to be on mtv.. his tahoe had some nice rims. heres a site with it a picture of the rims from the show.
http://www.celebritycarsblog.com/200...t-chevy-tahoe/

Old 02-01-2009, 10:52 AM
yeah i seen the show,but I dont think flat black would look right with my truck.I did want to do em flat and everyone talked me out of it before

Old 02-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Maybe the spokes white but leaving the fat lip chrome.

Quick Reply: powdercoating my 22"s.cant decide what color?