What is the spacing of the brake lines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the spacing of the brake lines?

I know this may sound dumb, but i was washing my truck last night and I noticed that the brake lines running to rear were about 1/4" away from the back left tire's tire wall. I was surprised to find this. I doubt I could put any larger of a tire on there with that rim, if the brake line is in the right position. I have a 2008 F150 FX4 SCREW. I have stock 20's and stock 275/55/R20 Pirelli's. Any one know what the proper distance should be? I swear, if this is screwed up I will get another truck... one that's not a lemon... I've had it with dealin with all this crap Im getting from my truck. It has been in the shop so many times since I got it last May, just for little stuff that goes wrong. It's REDICULOUS!!!! I wanna drive my truck! not take it to the shop once a month!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:34 PM
I believe you have just noticed your parking brake cables, not your "brake lines". Park brake cables come pretty close to the tires on most trucks. Do not freak out, you're fine. Compare it to the same 08 truck on the lot and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:53 PM
ok. cool. I was hoping I just now actually noticed it. lol... that's really good to hear.

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:00 AM
sorry to sound like I did.... I got a really aggravated earlier when I saw this. I've just had to take my truck in for a lot of little stuff that has gone wrong. Nothing too big. It just seems like it shouldn't of had to go in for all that though. I really do love my truck and I'm really very thankful and very blessed to have it. I guess I should just keep my mouth shut some times.

Quick Reply: What is the spacing of the brake lines?