Piss Poor BFG Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PawPaw
All I can say is that the BFG AT's on my truck now are the best tires I've ever owned. About 34k miles with hardly any wear and no flat's with them yet, knock on wood!
X2! Great set, wearing well, handled the 4" of North Carolina snow the other week wonderfully! (It was so bad a State of Emergency was declared )

Interesting to note that even though there are people who give the BFGs only 1 or 2 stars, the average user rating is 4.5 stars, with almost 5000 reviews. I find that to be of more value than any individual review.

- NCSU

Old 02-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have BFG AT on my Jeep. They are great tires. When I switch tires on my truck, I plan on getting the AT or MT if I get it lifted like I want! I love the KM2s. They are quiter than any other MT I have heard. I think they look pretty awesome too!

ATOM, I'm with you on the price, I'd pay to have a good tire, but most people wont.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I own a junk yard and I've seen these tires come in on trucks and vans over the years and have never been impressed by them. I even had some on my own 84 f150 and I hated them, swapped them out really fast. For those of you that got your moneys worth and milage good for you, but I've seen way too many of them start to fall apart and handle like crap. You would think after so many years they would change up the look of those things, they just seem ugly to me!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 5.4FX4
Relax, do you work for BFG and are these reviews affecting your bread and butter?? People are entitled to have an opinion and im entitled to shop for a tire. I have owned these in the past and had good luck, it doesn't mean there isn't a better tire to be had.

Worry about your Bfg's and let other people do their own research and decide what suits them best. I do have the ability to take a review for what it's worth, chill out!
The world is full of opinions and I have had nothing but good experiences with BFG's. people who are "uneducated" in the tire world are making stupid opinions because they didn't do their homework. If you wanna roll on some crap tires by all means go for it, "My AT's suck in them mud!" , "They are too loud" that's not an opinion, that's something being an idiot and buying the wrong tires. Do the people know why they suck in the mud or why they are loud? Probably not, they just buy a tire, pay too much probably, and then bitch and **** and moan about saying how the tires they spend SOO much money on suck. No, in fact, they bought the wrong tires for the application. I would also venture to guess that most of the people who cry on their opinions are "gas and go drivers"

Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by rednoved

ATOM, I'm with you on the price, I'd pay to have a good tire, but most people wont.
i'm with you man, people want to buy the cheapest tires that fit or in the size they need and then when they suck, write 9000 words about why, when in fact it's their fault they bought the wrong fricking tire. People don't have a problem spending 35grand on a new truck, but when tires cost 1000 bucks, "that's way too much" or "they didn't last 80k miles on my 3/4 ton" i love seeing a nice truck on the crap tires, i find it amusing. good thing they bought a 4x4

Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
I had them on two previous trucks and hated them. Thought maybe the first set was bad....nope. Granted, they may have been ok offroad, but onroad there horrible. I could tollerate the noise, but the ride was terrible. Low psi, high psi, never could balance. Rode very rough. Don't tell me, well its a truck. I stopped buying BFG's in anything. Even my Rugged Trails sucked. Sorry, can't convince me otherwise. My opinion, and only my opinion.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm glad somebody finally made a post of this because I noticed the same bad reviews when I was looking for new tires and I couldn't believe it especially since they're held higher than God on this board. I don't necessarily think its a bad tire I think that people are expecting them to perform as street tires. So when they don't grip in the rain or don't hold a 90 degree turn at 90mph they suck. They have a purpose they're just not meeting certain people's performance requirements because they're not specifically designed for them.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm glad somebody finally made a post of this because I noticed the same bad reviews when I was looking for new tires and I couldn't believe it especially since they're held higher than God on this board. I don't necessarily think its a bad tire I think that people are expecting them to perform as street tires. So when they don't grip in the rain or don't hold a 90 degree turn at 90mph they suck. They have a purpose they're just not meeting certain people's performance requirements because they're not specifically designed for them.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Geezus people, there is no perfect tire, but for A LOT of us, these are as close as it gets.

If it's not what you're after, fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but just realize that you probably expected the wrong thing out of them. It's like someone who buys an F150 and expects it to be fast...

Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by MOford21
Geezus people, there is no perfect tire, but for A LOT of us, these are as close as it gets.

If it's not what you're after, fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but just realize that you probably expected the wrong thing out of them. It's like someone who buys an F150 and expects it to be fast...
well said man.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:10 PM
HOLY TIRE REVIEW BATMAN!!!!

the hype on these are rediculous.

BFG TA KO is the BEST AT on the market period.

And everyone resporting bad results with the tires maybe yall should learn about the tires.
1. If not rotated REGULARLY they will feather out and cup really bad... beyond fixable.
2. The tires are STIFF, normally sold in Load Range D or E this makes them rougher on the road. Does this mean they are a bad tire? no this means you are a jackass for buying a tire that you didnt need. Maybe you should get some P rated tires next time... just a thought but have luck loading your truck up with load Range P tires. But hey it will float over the road.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:14 PM
^ What trimble said, load range has a lot to do with the ride, mine are E range tires, but I knew that beforehand. That's why I don't complain about the stiffness.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
My last truck was a 2000 Super Duty that came with General Grabber AT's, one sidewall split at about 10k miles and had to get it replaced. They also rode like crap. The 1997 F-150 I had came with Goodyear Wrangler AP's, I had 3 flat's in less than 10k miles. The truck I have now came with BFG rugged trail's and I took them off at 21k miles with more than 1/2 tread left. The BFG AT's are a vast improvement over any of these tires, maybe because they are a tire designed for the Hummer's has a lot to do with the way they are made. I've driven all kind's of vehicles in the last 45 yrs. and these BFG AT's are the best tires I've ever ridden on. I'm impressed so far with them.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
I think one reason BFG A/t's are so popular is they come in so many different sizes and load ratings, plus they just look good.

What people must realize is every tire is a compromise. If it grips well on dry pavement it probably has soft rubber and won't last all that long. If it's an A/T and has blocks or lugs that self-clean chances are they have some road noise. If they are "E" load rated they aren't going to deliver the smoothest ride in the world, so on and so forth.

It seems like BFG A/T gets close to being the best all-around compromise in the all terrain category. Plus they just look plain old look good on an on/off road vehicle. If my truck was a 4wd this would most likely be my tire.

Now what I don't understand is why does Pirelli Scorpion ATR's rate so high when they almost have a highway tread and flat spot like crazy? Go figure.

Pirelli...fix your flat spotting problem and put the ATR under it's rightful category, all season highway tread.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm. People are retarded. Manager at my local Discount Tire sold me my set a few years ago, now I have worked for him past two years, best job I've ever had. But as for the tires. I Will NEVER put any other tire on any of my trucks! These are the best tire money can buy. I have NEVER been stuck and I do medium off-roading and alot of response work in the snow. I cant count how many cars I have pulled out of ditches this year with no problems. My tires show next to no wear at all with close to 20,000 miles! You cant hear a peep out of them on the highway. THE ONLY bad thing about them, is not really their fault, but they make my truck feel doggy because of the weight and MUCH bigger size. But I can handle that for the best tire ever. We have many customers coming in for these tires. Also when we rotate a set of these I tend to talk with the customer and EVERY SINGLE one of them swears by this tire. Even the plow truck guys LOVE these tires.

BFG AT KO!!!

Last edited by Camarothatcould; 02-05-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Piss Poor BFG Reviews