Piss Poor BFG Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't give a damn who says otherwise, these tires are the best A/T's on the market. they ride good for a load range D tire, will handle stress under load well, are really quiet for an agressive tire. honestly, i have to be driving w/ the radio off to even hear a peep from them.

trimble has seen how much mud i got these tires through before getting stuck. they do quite well in mud for an a/t, just not quite as good as an m/t.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL I HAVE 2 sets of BFG's as we speak. A set of AT's, an a set of MT's. I love the tires. But, the only thing I DO NOT like, is how they are freaking crack along the treads. My MT's aren't even 2 years old yet, but are cracked to hell. I'm in the mist of talks with BFG about this, an hope to get them replaced. Love the tire, but the cracks are bullcrap in such a short period. Like they are dry rotted. That's my only complaint about them! Other then that, they ride nice, handle well, wear well, an stay pretty well balanced.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 AM
No one tire will ever be able to please everybody. I didn't look at the DTD reviews, but the reviews at TireRack.com are (still) overwhelmingly positive.

I had 32s on a '93 Bronco, and have 30x9.50s on a 95 Wrangler. I like them, but I'll put Revos on the F150 when it needs them.

Here are the TireRack BFG AT reviews
http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...mmentStatus=P#

Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 PM
HAha" I'm going back to my revos. They were much quiter" or " My next set of tires are going to be OE, these tires were horrible".

I love mine. Mine get a little roar at 30-40, that it it, and they aren't even balanced correctly.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 PM
I've owned General Grabbers, BFG Muds, Nitto Grapplers, Goodyear Wranglers and MTR's, Geolander MT's, Ground Hawgs, and now BFG AT's.

The BFG AT's aren't as good in the mud or on the rocks as many of the others, but they get better mileage, are quieter, have a better ride, are better in rain and snow, and come in more sizes than any of the others mentioned. It's a compromise, but one that isn't very difficult to make for someone that appreciates a well rounded tire.

I'll be buying another set of the BFG AT's next week.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Pros: Puncture resistant, long lasting.
Cons: Hard to balance, Last set had 2 tires "out of round", sizes not accurate

I have a set of KM2's 285/70/17 with 20,000 miles and I want to clear up some myths.

1. Yes they are noisy after they wear a little.
2. I lost a solid 2+ MPG on a 32" tire
3. They vibrate at 20 MPH or less.

These are good looking tires but not worth the issues above.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talk to ten people, get ten answers. Bottom line is this is a message board. Tons of personalities with tons of opinions. Its your money, spend it like you worked for it. I sure do.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff H
Pros: Puncture resistant, long lasting.
Cons: Hard to balance, Last set had 2 tires "out of round", sizes not accurate

I have a set of KM2's 285/70/17 with 20,000 miles and I want to clear up some myths.

1. Yes they are noisy after they wear a little.
2. I lost a solid 2+ MPG on a 32" tire
3. They vibrate at 20 MPH or less.

These are good looking tires but not worth the issues above.
ok bud if you think those are a "MAJOR ISSUE" like you are coming off.... you are a moron.

You are running a MUD TERRAIN they will be:
1. Louder than a street or AT tire
2. Did you recalibrate the speedo when you went to a larger tire? I kinda doubt it
3. You tell me what MT will not vibrate at 20 mph or less?

Is this your first mud terrain?

I think you would shoot yourself if you ever bought a set of TSL's they are LOUD and you can feel the tread slap at 15mph.

Some people need to get a tire they NEED not one that looks good.

Quick Reply: Piss Poor BFG Reviews