Piss Poor BFG Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**** Poor BFG Reviews

I was just wasting some time and reading reviews on Discount Tire's site. I was amazed to see so many poor reviews on the BFG AT TA KO's!

Has anyone read any of these?

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/rea...=CALINT&cs=305

Old 02-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I heard some weren't happy, but damn! That is alot of negatives. Wonder whats wrong?? Those are supposed to be one of the best A/Ts out there and i'm about to drop $1,000 for a set...

Old 02-04-2009, 11:18 AM
All terrain-wise bfgs are the best IMO but I'm not too fond of their MTs dunno why.. That's why I'm going with Toyo MTs

Old 02-04-2009, 11:23 AM
i got some BFG all terrains on my truck for helpin a guy move...didnt like the way they road on his tahoe. i have no complaints these tires are prob the best tire thats ever been on the truck...Stock tire/ Dunlap radial rover/ BFG A/T havnt gotten stuck in the snow once and thats on a 2wd truck. i was going threw 8inchs of snow just fine. donno why so many people wouldnt like them. and if i had the money yes toyo's but way to much money...my buddys dad runs only Toyo's and has had nothing but good things to say about them.

*WOOHOO 2,000 posts!!!!!!*

Old 02-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Maybe the quality isn't as good as it used to be.
But those people are comparing the BFG a/ts road noise to street tires. I do know that if they aren't balanced right, they wear fast, and uneven.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by f150mudder01
I'm not too fond of their MTs dunno why..
Could it be their price?!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for this post, I was planning on these since I had some about 10 yrs ago on another vehicle and had a good experience...ill keep looking!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Suspended
I freaking LOVED those tires on my Ranger. I had 32s. I drove the snot out of the truck on the street, and occasionally off-road (including SERIOUS mud) and they never let me down.

If I could fit them under my Focus, I probably would

Old 02-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by rednoved
Could it be their price?!
i feel that they are no more over priced than the next, it today's society, the "you get what you pay for" is so true. my next tire is gonna be the KM2, at 1700 for 35x12.50 a set installed, it's pricey but i can justify the cost. if they last me 40k miles, say 3 yrs for me. that's like 575 a year, that's nothing for tires IMO.
well i read several of the reviews and people complain about ride quality and noise. well most of the people are putting LT tires on vehicles that had P tires. i had 10-ply tires on my ranger, 245/75/16 and i had to lower tire pressure to increase ride quality, but i EXPECTED that. one complains that they didn't do go in the sand dune, HONESTLY what all-terrain is gonna perform well? as for the noise, they are an allterrain tire not an ALL SEASON! the thing is with reviews is the people that make them are completely biased. there is no way a BFG is gonna wear out in 17k miles and need to be replaced. people are idiots, hands down. you can't please everyone and people have their opinions, BFG AT's/MT's are some of the best tires money can buy IMO. i have had several sets of both and no complaints at all, and the solid white letters are a bonus

Old 02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 5.4FX4
Thanks for this post, I was planning on these since I had some about 10 yrs ago on another vehicle and had a good experience...ill keep looking!
it's people like you that take stupid customer reviews and not buy a good product. what other tires are they comparing these to? obviously a BFG AT is gonna be louder than stock tires, which are the cheapest, crappiest tires they can find. some people believe WHATEVER people write, sir do you believe the national enquirer?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
All I can say is that the BFG AT's on my truck now are the best tires I've ever owned. About 34k miles with hardly any wear and no flat's with them yet, knock on wood!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:31 PM
I had these on my ZR2 and I absolutely loved them. I traded the ZR2 for my F150 and have been planning a set ever since. I had 45,000 miles on them when I traded it in and they had easily another 25-30,000 miles left. I really didn't find them overly obnoxious on the road either. Another plus on the noise side of things is how well the late-model F150's cab is insulated to road noise. I only had one flat and that is with 3 years of commercial construction sites. IMO BFG makes about the best tire money can buy.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:02 PM
All my friends that have run the AT's on there jeeps didnt like them at all, they wouldnt clean out in mud didnt do well and snow and the tread life never seemed to last long at all. Ive never had them but from what ive seen i never will

Old 02-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 31 YNOT
All my friends that have run the AT's on there jeeps didnt like them at all, they wouldnt clean out in mud didnt do well and snow and the tread life never seemed to last long at all. Ive never had them but from what ive seen i never will
here is a prime example of people buying the wrong tire for the application, all terrain tires are not mud tires. it's like people want a mud tire in the mud and all terrain on the street, HELLO welcome to the real world!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by ATOM
it's people like you that take stupid customer reviews and not buy a good product. what other tires are they comparing these to? obviously a BFG AT is gonna be louder than stock tires, which are the cheapest, crappiest tires they can find. some people believe WHATEVER people write, sir do you believe the national enquirer?
Relax, do you work for BFG and are these reviews affecting your bread and butter?? People are entitled to have an opinion and im entitled to shop for a tire. I have owned these in the past and had good luck, it doesn't mean there isn't a better tire to be had.

Worry about your Bfg's and let other people do their own research and decide what suits them best. I do have the ability to take a review for what it's worth, chill out!

Quick Reply: Piss Poor BFG Reviews