Tires??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The A/T KOs are awesome tires. Ever since I've rode along in my friends truck and noticed just how great they are on road & off, i've been sold to try them. Listening to the many many positive reviews by our members here, and some on various other forums my sold opinion has definitely been locked God I wanna buy my wheels & tires now..

Old 02-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
BFG TA KO's will last way longer than 25k miles if you take care of them.

50k is pretty easy with these tires.

your running a 37" tire, which means you get less rotations per mile which means slower wear per rotation than a smaller tire.

The way i see it if you only got 25k out of them, you didnt do ANYTHING to keep them in good shape.

1. Proper PSI
2. Rotation every 3k miles
3. No burn out
4. Keep the shocks, and ball joints in good shape and replaced.

25k is unrealistic. Ive seen these tires last longer than 60k.

you need to practice maintaining a AT before you go to a MT if you are only gettin 25k out of the longest lasting AT then you will be wishing for 10k out of any set of MT's you have to take care of tires
Thats what i thought however I did rotate them yet I did it every 5,000 miles and the PSI is fine I always check it and take care of them. But the only down fall is their were times were I burn out hill-climbing.

So I feel that if I get a thick tire and go a bit larger like a 37 I can have an advantage...not to mention that it isn't my daily driver.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
If you really arent too concerned about mileage then id go ahead and try an MT and see if it helps you alittle.

TOYO MT's are great on/offroad tires id give them a shot and see what happens. You should beable to get 30k out of them.

If you want to try a different AT then id try the Mickey Thompson ATZ's they are tough tires

and i just read my previous post and kinda seemed like i came off as a D*** but by no means did i mean to.Theres so many people that come on here and trash a product, but never take the time to maintain them.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
If you really arent too concerned about mileage then id go ahead and try an MT and see if it helps you alittle.

TOYO MT's are great on/offroad tires id give them a shot and see what happens. You should beable to get 30k out of them.

If you want to try a different AT then id try the Mickey Thompson ATZ's they are tough tires

and i just read my previous post and kinda seemed like i came off as a D*** but by no means did i mean to.Theres so many people that come on here and trash a product, but never take the time to maintain them.
No Worries man...I did not take it that way. Although it did seem like you thought I didn't know anything (haha) its all good. I am glad you were straight foward and told me what I need to look at. Thanks for the great advice.

I will think about the MT's and look into. I should get some tires very soon. When I do i will post the pictures. (BTW sweet rig)

Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 AM
I've got about 75,000 to 100,000 km (about 60,000 mi) on mine and they will last me a couple more winters (they are on my stock rims for the winter). I'm buying a new set of BFG AT KO's this week (285/70/17) for my new wheels (Eagle 185's), I was going to buy the MT Baja ATZ's but the AT KO's are less expensive and they were a great tire for me. You won't be sorry with these tires. Not sure why they wore out so quickly for you, maybe low pressure and not rotating them??

Quick Reply: Tires??