Looking Into Buying Rockstars

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking Into Buying Rockstars

Hey yall, I am going to be getting some 18" Rockstars soon to go on my 2005 2wd f150. I know most of yall say they are played out and all but there aren't any around here and I think they look pretty cool personally. It is the first set of wheels I have ever purchased so I am clueless needless to say. What wheel specs will I need for them to fit with my 285/60/18 Toyo A/T's? All I know is our bolt pattern is 6 x 135.

Also how much on average is it to get wheels mounted onto tires if anyone has any idea? Just trying to figure out how much this will cost me out the door. And does anyone know any places in the Atlanta area they would recommend to go get Rockstars and get them mounted?

Thanks Yall,

-Barrett

Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 AM

Anyone?

Old 03-08-2009, 06:06 PM

No one has any clue? Cmon I know someone does.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
haha alright I'll be the first to chime in..

First of all, you mention that some say the Rockstars are played out and I will admit that they are to some extent. My neighbor has them in 20s with 37s on his f250 and they're just not my cup-o-tea. BUT, hell if you like them and haven't seen them in your area then go for it and be stoked about it!

Look around on the net and literally look through tons of google pages for all the sites that have the Rockstars. Look for who has the deals, what shipping is like, if they come with lugs/locks, etc. Then use that to try to get a local shop who carries them, to match.

As far as mount/balance goes, I've seen more than a few places on the net that'll do it for $60 which is consistent with two other shops out here in California so that should be a good starting point for you.

Lastly, talk to the shops and see what you can negotiate with them. Find out if there are any ways around tax (since if you bought online and had them shipped there's no tax). There are many ways to cut down on the $s. Just takes a little bit of time searching around and seeing what you can dig up.

EDIT: Wow I'm sorry, my neighbor actually has the Monsters. Rockstars are a much better choice IMHO. I always get those two confused..

Last edited by Indo; 03-08-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Just did a quick search for ya and the cheapest bewteen three sites that were the cheapest for me when I was looking for XD Hosses was $167.20 per wheel with free shipping, chroms lugs, center caps and valve stems at rimzoneonline.com.

Good luck with everything and post pics when you get it all on your truck!

Old 03-08-2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Indo
Just did a quick search for ya and the cheapest bewteen three sites that were the cheapest for me when I was looking for XD Hosses was $167.20 per wheel with free shipping, chroms lugs, center caps and valve stems at rimzoneonline.com.

Good luck with everything and post pics when you get it all on your truck!
Wow thanks alot man! Thats a little over $100 less than what I have seen here locally. Going to shop around tomorrow see if anyone will match that. If not I guess I'll just need to find a shop to put them on my Toyo A/T's.

Do you need an alignment after getting new wheels on? Don't think you do but not 100% sure.

Thanks alot Indo!

-Barrett

Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Wait wait wait wait..

Just to make sure we're comparing apples to apples, that price was for each KMC XD Rockstar in black wheel that's 18x9 with 0mm offset, 5" backspacing and a 6/135 bolt pattern correct?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:03 PM

Yeah same wheel, I ment its $100 less for the set. not each wheel.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Alright well in that case, you're welcome. I figured as much but just wanted to make sure. Definitely do an extensive search though and see what you can find. That took me all of about 5 minutes and I only looked at three different sites..

Old 03-08-2009, 08:18 PM

Ya I plan to search more but I have dreamed of getting rockstars before so I have done a bit of searching. Most of the time I find them for $175+ and shipping so your link makes me extremely happy right now and hope I can get someone local to match that.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Sounds good. I actually broke my lap top Friday so I have to go to the school's library to be able to get on the net. If I've got some extra time tomorrow I'll do some more looking after class to see if I can save you any more money.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 PM

Wow man you really don't need to, I don't want to take away from your time too much. Thanks alot though. Besides you have already saved me $100 just by that link lol.

Quick Reply: Looking Into Buying Rockstars