any one ever have any problems with 4wheel parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any one ever have any problems with 4wheel parts

ive been waiting 20 days for my rims and tires whats have any of you guys had any problems with them

Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Suspended
Yup. They blew a set of $250 speakers once when I was getting shocks installed. They were a major PITA to get to pay up.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have ordered a lot of parts from them and never had any trouble

Old 03-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Suspended
i forget what the thread was called but some gal got screwed outta 500 bucks a while back. i wouldn't buy a pine tree air freshener from 4 wheel parts.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by ATOM
i forget what the thread was called but some gal got screwed outta 500 bucks a while back. i wouldn't buy a pine tree air freshener from 4 wheel parts.
That was 4wheelonline.

So far I haven't had any issues with them "knock on wood"

I hope your stuff comes in soon I know much of a pain it is to wait.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Suspended
you are correct, i don't hear great things about 4WP's either though.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Suspended
My neighbor is the manager at mine, so he makes sure im taken care of

Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by ATOM
you are correct, i don't hear great things about 4WP's either though.
Thats true

Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by alomar
My neighbor is the manager at mine, so he makes sure im taken care of
Take his dog hostage untill eastern gets his wheels.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:09 PM

what wheels did you get, i read alot of wheels are on backorder right now , thats prolly your case.

i ordered my Pro-comp 7005's from them in October and it took about a week and a half to get to me.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Take his dog hostage untill eastern gets his wheels.
uh....no. He has a trained pitbull and he is beyond redneck . He is a very good friend, but I aint taking my chances haha

Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
First of all, I don't like bashing other shops, or other people's work. This is one topic I don't mind ranting on though. My disgust for them goes a long way.

I have seen nothing but issues and problems with 4wheelparts. They are the "autozone" of off road and truck aftermarket. Super high turnover, no real training for these KIDS installing your suspension, that your LIFE depends on. They mess things up, hack stuff up, sell parts with no part numbers (illegal) charge for new products that aren't on the sales receipt. I literally can go on and on. One of the worst places to bring a vehicle in my honest opinion. You'd be better off paying some "laborer" from home depot to do it. I refuse to do any business with them, and I urge friends to do the same.

I used to have a long list of infractions they have been cited for. Its truly an eye opener. And yes, just about every shop has something written up about them. Not sure where that went. Here some other tho:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0115390.htm

good one to read:
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...p/t-37033.html

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t283733.html

here is a fun google term to search "4wheelparts complaints"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...rts+complaints

I can keep going. I wouldn't wish this place on the people I hate. Steer clear !!!

Just my personal opinion. To each his own.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Never had any work done with them but that's due to the fact that it is extremely difficult to get a call back. Call for info and it's always "I'll call you back with a quote.." When you end up calling them back it's always "Oh sorry man. I forgot."

From what I've read on here though, some are better than others. Kind of hard to throw the blanket over an entire company based on an experience with one or two employees at one specific shop.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My brother bought a set of BFG K/O mounted on Pro Comp wheels from them about two years ago. They mounted the tires with the wrong side out and would not pay to have them mounted right even though it showed they were wrong on the purchase agreement. Then they sent the wrong center caps for the wheels he purchased. He fought with them for over six months, finally just bit the bullet and got it fixed himself and bought the caps thru a local retailer.

I'm not sure if I'd do mail order business with them but maybe their retail shops are better.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Suspended
customer service is a big deal to me, personally. if i pickup the phone and drop a grand or 50 bucks, i expect to be treated right. i have called 4WP's more than once and was not impressed by some hippy stoner's responses on thing. i have dealt with ALOT of purchases online and most of them have been great. i will give autoanything a 10+ for going above and beyond, monica (customer sales rep) was great to work with and made everything OK even though fedex (worst shipping compnay EVER IMO) wrecked my 1st subframe, and destroyed the 2nd shipment (fedex gave me a open hardware back with stuff rolling around the floor of his truck) i buy alot of stuff off ebay, email the seller and deal off of ebay but thru paypal (just to be safe)
i have dealt with rimzone, nothing but good things to say, had a wheel outta round, no question, no hassle, sent me a new one, prepaid for the old one.
treadepot.com awesome service, fast shipping.
the only thing that bugs me if some ebay sellers don't check their emails often enough or didn't give you a status, if i spend 3 bucks or 500 bucks, i would at least like an email saying "hey there, your whatever has been shipped"

maybe it's because i look 18 yet, but i cannot stand going into a retailer and being talked to like i'm some dumbass! i have told more than one person you don't know your *** from a hole in the ground. that goes for car salesman too, lol

Last edited by ATOM; 03-11-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: any one ever have any problems with 4wheel parts