goodyear wrangler rts tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goodyear wrangler rts tires

i just had 4 put on my expedition and they were road force balanced and i still get a vibration at 40 mph and then around 60 mph did anyone ever have any problems with these tires?

Old 03-15-2009, 01:48 AM
i work at a ford dealership and i have had plenty of the rts tires come in all chopped up and worn badly that vibrated but i havent seen to many of them that are bad when they are fairly new

you might just have a bad tire or a belt broke in a tire

or it might be something else in the drivetrain other than tires, but im not a drivetrain expert so i cant help you much more than that

Old 03-15-2009, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by squeaky3
i work at a ford dealership and i have had plenty of the rts tires come in all chopped up and worn badly that vibrated but i havent seen to many of them that are bad when they are fairly new

you might just have a bad tire or a belt broke in a tire

or it might be something else in the drivetrain other than tires, but im not a drivetrain expert so i cant help you much more than that
the place i got the tires from are trying to convince me of something in the drivetrain but they checked u joints, bearings, tie rod ends and ball joints and they said everything is good, but it still shakes it also took them getting 3 new tires on the left rear before it would balance

Old 03-15-2009, 03:02 AM
Those tires are garbage. I was never so happy as I was to get rid of mine. One of mine vibrated too, it started about half way into their life. Biggest thing I hated about them was they had horrible winter weather traction.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate to agree, but he is right. Those were the OEM tires on most 97-03 F-150 4x4's and they were pretty bad. Most everyone said the same thing about terrible wet weather traction. I'd try to get them to swap 'em for something better.

Quick Reply: goodyear wrangler rts tires