GOT MY NEW WHEELS ON TODAY! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the compliments yall, F150 rider I don't think I'd replace it with another bug shield. Either keeping this one or its going away (more than likely the second choice).

Old 03-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Either lose it or black it out.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Niiiiiiiice. I don't care what people say about Rockstars, about it being played out and what not, they're still a sweet looking wheel. Initially I was going to go with Rockstars, but in the end decided to go a different route. Even though you have a chrome bumper and one could make the argument that the chrome bug shield ties in with it, I'd have to agree with the others and lose the bug shield regardless of color.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 PM

looks great

Old 03-18-2009, 04:45 AM
Congrats barret, the truck looks awsome. Lose the bugshield and add a level kit and it would finish it off.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 AM
those are sweet.. a little sentimental on the shields do cause I like ém.. either way truck looks great

Old 03-18-2009, 05:22 AM
Looks outstanding man. I agree those rockstars will never be old to me! I am usually a advacate of chrome, but I have to say loose the chrome shield and throw you a roush chrome grille in the front. That would set it off! Thats if your going to keep the chrome/black look. I think you should!

Old 03-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice! - Og

Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Looks great man, somehow I knew it would

Lose the chrome bug shield for sure.

Patriot decals makes overlays for the badges too, im pretty sure. Then you could black em out without taking them off

One last thing. If you look at the pics of my Rockstars, you'll notice that my centers dont stick out as far as yours because I altered mine. The 18's dont set in as much as the 20's - 24's so the center cap tends to stick out a bit. I posted a "how to" a while back about cutting down the posts and bolts for the centers to get them to sit inside the wheel a bit more. Not too difficult and looks much better IMO. The how to is here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/wh...installed.html

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Your Truck Looks SICK!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks pretty good, now it needs leveled and the chrome painted black & bug shield trashed.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with the others, lose the bug shield. I think the next thing you should do should be a level but no flares. Your truck looks good with the OEM flares

Old 03-18-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Strikeswiftly
Looks outstanding man. I agree those rockstars will never be old to me! I am usually a advacate of chrome, but I have to say loose the chrome shield and throw you a roush chrome grille in the front. That would set it off! Thats if your going to keep the chrome/black look. I think you should!
Haven't really thought about changing the grill much... I guess that may be something I'll spend my $$ on sometime lol.

Originally Posted by krusedisc
Looks great man, somehow I knew it would

Lose the chrome bug shield for sure.

Patriot decals makes overlays for the badges too, im pretty sure. Then you could black em out without taking them off

One last thing. If you look at the pics of my Rockstars, you'll notice that my centers dont stick out as far as yours because I altered mine. The 18's dont set in as much as the 20's - 24's so the center cap tends to stick out a bit. I posted a "how to" a while back about cutting down the posts and bolts for the centers to get them to sit inside the wheel a bit more. Not too difficult and looks much better IMO. The how to is here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/wh...installed.html

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Your Truck Looks SICK!!!
I want to make the badge itself black and letters chrome. They don't sell them that way I dont think? Wish they did.

And I actually like how the caps stick out more right now. Plus I'd fear I would mess them up somehow.

Originally Posted by Hash278
I agree with the others, lose the bug shield. I think the next thing you should do should be a level but no flares. Your truck looks good with the OEM flares
Only thing im scared of with keeping OEM flares is catching stuff in my treads and having rocks hit the side of my truck. Just paranoid about it. But thanks.

Thanks everyone for the complements!

-Barrett

Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 AM

Looks great! My opinion? Lose the bug shield and the running boards. It'll look even better then!

Old 03-19-2009, 04:21 PM
it should work fine with the stock flares and it looks great....just drop the bug shield but ya like everyone else already stated truck looks great bud....good choice on wheels..have u considered just painting your stock grill black? less cost and would look good to me

Old 03-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure looks great, I would loose the bug shield too.

Quick Reply: GOT MY NEW WHEELS ON TODAY! (pics)