285/70/r17s on stock wheels and a tire opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
285/70/r17s on stock wheels and a tire opinion

I wanna make sure that i can do it cuz i dont think i ever have for sure but will a 285/70/r17 tire fit on stock wheels and without any rub issues. I have a 2006 supercrew 4x4.

2nd i wanna know what the opinions are of the Firestone Destination A/T's and M/T's. They are running a buy 3 get 1 free sale atm that ends on Tue, and if they are a good tire i wanna go get some before the sale ends...Any and all ideas/opinions/well everything are wanted.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:59 AM
I just went through this with my 01 Super Crew last weekend and had no problems with the fit.

With my model, the front of the front tire is close to rubbing but it does not hit anything. Here's the link with photos.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/wh...ires-pics.html

I did a bunch of research before pulling the trigger and could only find good things said about these M/Ts.

As for A/T vrs M/T in general, that depends on your driving style and preferences. My truck is mostly a weekend truck for hunting and camping, so I don't care about the noise (minimal anyway) or wearing them out (truck now averages less than 8K miles a year).

I'm heading to the woods this weekend so I'll know more about how well they perform after that. I can say this though, they are the best looking tires I've ever owned.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 AM
that will fit with zero problems. I can't comment on the Dest MT's but I had the Dest AT's for a while and they were smooth and quiet on the road, I never took them through any mud but they were great on road.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It'll fit perfect.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:58 AM
That is what i wanted to hear. I thought i might have read at one point in time that it would work but just wanted to make sure before i went ahead with it. Gonna catch some sleep seeing as i just got off work but getting up early to hopefully go get some

Quick Reply: 285/70/r17s on stock wheels and a tire opinion