(ABS) Sensor light

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(ABS) Sensor light

So I was driving to the beach friday afternoon after about 150 miles my (ABS) light came on and stayed on till I got to the beach. Got out checked my brake fluid water level oil levels and everything checked out. It had been raining pretty good but the next day cleared up. As I cranked the vehical on saturday to go to the store it didnt stay on when I drove off. and Hasn't came back on? Any thoughts on this? Any one ever had the ABS light come on and it mean some problem?? I know it stands for anti breaking system but have heard numorous things can trigger it.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:16 PM
You got a anti breaking system! Well thats no good! It actually stands for Antilock Breaking System!

I had the same problem, would come on and off sometimes and then it just starting staying on! Turns out it was just the sensor that controls the ABS....I didnt fix it cause i live in NC and dont need ABS but then i deployed out here again and my buddy brought it in to fix the windows that mysteriously broke and had them fix that too! It was like 300 bucks or some crap just for the sensor to a system that i dont even need! Oh well you win some and loose some! You shouldnt have a problem unless you forsee yourself needing your ABS lots!

Last edited by stuckiniraq; 03-29-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Apreciate the reply. What if its under warranty but It's off now. Should I take it to the dealer and tell them that it came on and see about them looking into it?? btw its a 05 f 150 king ranch 5.4 v8 supercrew.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:21 PM
It cant hurt to take it in and see what they say since it should be covered under warranty. Although they might just look at you crazy since its not showing any signs of anything right now. I would just wait it out and see if it comes back on. When your braking have has the ABS ever activated, like have you felt the ABS vibration at all? Thats what happened to my truck before the sensor went out. And then the light just stayed on and no more ABS

Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Nah it was fine.. The only thing I've had a problem with isputting the emergency break on and backing out of the driveway and forgetting to take it off till about 30 seconds later.. My old truck used to ding so Its taking some getting used to but no no problems out of the ABS

Quick Reply: (ABS) Sensor light