What tires would you run wth 3in front leveling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd go with the BFG all terrains, in a 285/55. they look great and are rated around 40-50k miles.i just got mine a week ago. i wanted a 305 but i didn't want anything rubbing. check out my pics to get an idea.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dog'em
First of all these are not body lifts, they are actually suspension spacers. Much easier to install than body lifts with no modifications. Go with a 2.5" Autospring and a level block for the rear, unless you haul stuff then get a add a leaf. Depending on the rim diameter you have, there are tons of great all terrain tires. I really like the 285/65/20 BFG K/O for my set up. They suit my needs well by filling up the wheel wells and not overly wide.

What part of NE you from ?

Hey im from stuart its north central about 30 miles from oneill... first off i have a white spcrew just like yours and i love your tires and wheels as well as the lift that you have with the 2.5 front and the add a leaf in the back... my questions are what brand and exact size are your wheels and your tires are 285/65/20's im taking it... secondly what add a leaf kit did you buy? and finally how do you like the ride of your setup? thanks

Old 04-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The lift is an Autospring 2.5", for an 04 / 05 that is the way to go for maximum lift with just a level kit. They changed the rear springs for 06-08 those guys can get by with a 2" much easier. Autospring has a website or look on ebay under the seller name of springbender, cost under $100 with shipping. I took mine to an alignment shop here in North Platte for install and front end alignment, cost under $200.

Since I pull a 20' boat I went with a Skyjacker 1.5" add a leaf. You can get them now from Autospring also and there are other brands. Leaves a little rake to the front but sits and stays level with the boat hooked on. If you don't pull or haul then a bigger rear block is probably the easiest way to go.

The ride ..... some guys will say they notice it is much stiffer than stock others will say it's the same. All I noticed is that the rear is a little stiffer on washboard roads, other than that nothing noticiable.

The wheels are 20x9 Incubus Poltergiest with 5.9" backspace. No rubbing at any angle and they look decent. I've built trucks in the past with the tires hanging out and they looked great, I just didn't want it this time. Getting old or something.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 PM
thanks for the help... it is very much appreciated

Quick Reply: What tires would you run wth 3in front leveling kit?