Nearly New Rotors have Ridges in Them....Wheels Dusts Fast Too??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nearly New Rotors have Ridges in Them....Wheels Dusts Fast Too??

I replaced both of my front rotors and pads no more than 3500 miles ago. I run my own detailing business on the side and keep my truck clean, washing it at least weekly and waxing it no less than monthly.

I've noticed since putting these brakes on that the passenger front wheel gets dusted up much faster than the driver side. I thought at first maybe the caliper was sticking as my gas mileage has suffered some, but everything I looked at and checked didn't confirm that thought either.

I noticed this morning that again the passenger wheel dusted up bad and its only been about 3 days since the last wash. I reached in to feel the rotor and it feels like its covered in "rolling hills". Definite ridges and edges all through it. I go over to the driver side, no dust, and rotor is smooth as a baby's butt.

Any thoughts? Ideas? I have warranties with them, but not sure how to approach it without them claiming it could be the caliper or something else. I didn't notice the wheel dusting up this bad before the pad and rotor swap though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:50 PM
What brand rotors and pads?

Old 04-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by 20Screw01
What brand rotors and pads?
I went with the higher end of the two options from Duralast for the rotors and Duralast Gold CMax pads. I've used this combination on quite a few cars before and never had an issue, which leads me to believe its the caliper.

The auto parts store is willing to warranty the rotor and pads so I think i'll replace them and then if it happens again look into the caliper closer and replace it.

Quick Reply: Nearly New Rotors have Ridges in Them....Wheels Dusts Fast Too??