Premature tire wear

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Premature tire wear

Guys I spoke with a gentleman today that has an '04 with a lift and 35 ProComp Extreme AT's; he commented that these newer F-150 trucks really wear out the front tires prematurely do the the suspension. He says he goes through a new set of tires every 18 to 20K. He showed me what he was tlaking about, and you could actually see the cupping. He says that even rotating has not helped the issue as the cupping eventually gets so bad that the back tires feel like they bounce. He also said that he has tried several other brands of tires with the same results.

I am curious if anyone else out there is seeing the same issue?

Thanks for your time.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mightyjoeyoung
Guys I spoke with a gentleman today that has an '04 with a lift and 35 ProComp Extreme AT's; he commented that these newer F-150 trucks really wear out the front tires prematurely do the the suspension. He says he goes through a new set of tires every 18 to 20K. He showed me what he was tlaking about, and you could actually see the cupping. He says that even rotating has not helped the issue as the cupping eventually gets so bad that the back tires feel like they bounce. He also said that he has tried several other brands of tires with the same results.

I am curious if anyone else out there is seeing the same issue?

Thanks for your time.
I have been lucky to get 35k miles out of my Fireston AT's. And I have been very **** about balancing/rotating them. Heck I had an alignment done about every 8k miles and still wore them out.

So I dunno.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Ive had the exact same probelm with 35" extreme AT's. I have 25,000 miles on them and im about to have to get a new set

Old 05-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Goodyear Silent Armors are at 60k and still have some life left in them

Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Guys,
Thanks for all the feedback.
Sorry to hear of your woes with this issue as well.
Just a FYI - I did post this same thing over in the "suspension" area to see what the lifted guys had to say; 3 or 4 replied and said they don't have the issue or know of anyone who has.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Premature tire wear