Pads: Wagner TQ's vs Carquest Blues

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pads: Wagner TQ's vs Carquest Blues

I thought I'd post my thoughts on the Wagner Thermoquiets:
I had originally purchased the Carquest Blues about a year ago and the entire time I had them they dusted nearly as bad as the OEM pads. The OEM pads were worse, but the CQBlues were NOT the answer I was looking for. Over time, the brake dust got "baked" into my chrome rims and required the Mini-PowerBall and some Noxon7 to clean them up.

So after the last bolt was tightened on my lift kit, I bought some Wagner TQ's from Rockauto. I have now had them for nearly two months and all I can say is that they are awesome! Braking distance is no better/worse then the CQB's but their dust output is a fraction of CQB's. After the first 10 days, the only dust was from the road.

For those of you needed new pads or wanting to rid yourself of the dusting problems with your front pads, consider the Wagner TQ's...you won't be disappointed.

Thanks to those who had posted about the Wagner TQ's in the past. Your recommendations help me make my decision.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Glad they worked for you. I have 75,000 on mine and counting.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read online in various places that the O'Reilly Brake Best Select pads are made by/same as the Wagner Thermoquiet. Does anyone know if this is really true?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Wagners were the answer for me as well. Although I did get really lazy and not wash my wheels for 2 months haha. That is the only down side, you don't have to wash the dust off your rims every 2 days, so the road grime builds up after lazyness kicks in and the wheels still look good.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I generally make it my rule. I don't buy anything car quest makes. The products of theirs that I have looked at, were just poor quality. The first time a parts man tried to sell me a car quest oil filter, I looked inside it. It looked like they used tar to seal the other end of the element. A friend of mine put some quest pads on his car, and within 2500 miles, the rivets ate up the new rotors.
I'll have to admit, I never tried any electrical parts from them. It was a friends store, and he could never understand why I didn't shop with him.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 PM
we use thremos at my work and have them on my fronts and they dont kick out too much dust

Old 06-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I put a set of the Wagner's on the wife's Lincoln LS last weekend, same results.. love them. Will definitely be upgrading my 07 Screw 4X4 with them soon.

Quick Reply: Pads: Wagner TQ's vs Carquest Blues