Crunching Noise when turning sharp left???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Crunching Noise when turning sharp left???

I have a 2004 F150 Supercab with less than 30K miles. Recently, I have started to hear a crunching noise when turning left. The noise seems to be coming from the front wheel area, but it is very hard to tell exactly what is doing it. I jacked up my front end and shook the front wheels to check and make sure my hubs where tight...they where. I also checked to make sure I didn't have a loose lug nutt, they where all tight. I crawled underneath to see if something was rubbing and couldn't see anything. Could this be a ball joint? or a worn out shock? I need some help??? Thanks.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 AM
I had a similar sound on a vehicle I owned years ago, it was a Mazda Navajo, and it was the ball joints. Either way, you should have it checked out.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:39 AM
If its 4x4 it could be a CV joint going bad. With that low of miles I am suprised you are having front end issues already. Do you have a leveling kit, larger tires, etc??

Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 AM
i just started hearing this noise as well i was told by a buddy of mine it was the bearings in the rotor.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by LARABOY
i just started hearing this noise as well i was told by a buddy of mine it was the bearings in the rotor.
"I jacked up my front end and shook the front wheels to check and make sure my hubs where tight...they where. "

You should do the same thing, if you got some lose play I bet it is your bearings.

Quick Reply: Crunching Noise when turning sharp left???