Opinions on XD series wheels on a 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on XD series wheels on a 2wd

Hey guys,

I have an 09 2WD screw in sterling gray and have been trying to decide on a set of aftermarket wheels. The truck came with the chrome door/tailgate handles and I have already removed the chrome steps. I have also put 2" drop shackles on to level the truck.
I have had chrome wheels before and really dont want the headache of trying to keep them spotless again. I have really been looking hard at the XD wheels, especially the monsters in black. I think the black would look nice and the chrome looking "buttons" on them would match the door handles and bumpers.
Anyway, almost everything I have seen in pics of these wheels have been on 4WD trucks and I think they are kinda marketed for that. How do you all think black XD monsters in probably a 20x9 would look on my truck??? Thanks!

Old 05-25-2009, 04:03 PM
You should put a picture up, so we can see what your truck looks like

Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are not marketed as a 4x4 wheel, but as an off road wheel. If you install a leveling kit or lift kit with some offroad tires they will look great.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the replies..I have absolutely no use for a 4wd and I didnt want a lift or anything like that on my 2WD, so thats why I decided to put the 2" drop on the rear for a nice level. They look great to me on 4wd trucks with a/t or mud tires..Just not sure how they will look on a 2wd with highway tires. I will try to figure out the pic thing..Basically its a sterling (charcoal) gray 09, 2WD with chrome door handles.

Quick Reply: Opinions on XD series wheels on a 2wd