A Little Help on a 2009 Platinum...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Little Help on a 2009 Platinum...

Hey guys. Here before too much longer I am going to be shopping for a set of wheels and possibly tires for my 09' Black Platinum. What I need a little help on is what the wheels will look like based upon the backspace and offset. I completely understand the concept of backspace and offset, I just can't visualize what the wheels will look like, with the lip and how they will look on the truck. So if any of you could post a picture of your wheels and tires and give me the backspace, offset and size of tires (preferably 20's or 22's) I sure would appreciate it. I want a wheel with a little bit of a dish to it, but I don't want it to stick out past the fender 6" either. I just need a idea of what I am looking at. I also haven't decided on whether to go black and chrome or pure chrome wheels yet. Thanks for the help and I look forward to some of your pictures.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The wheels on my Expy would be the same specs as your 09. They are 22x9.5 inches with 6.71 inches of backspacing. The edge of my tire/wheel is just about even with the edge of my fender flares. I have a couple of pics in my gallary but no closeups. A lot of what kind of lip the wheel has to do with how the wheel is designed.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks wandell! Anyone else?

Old 06-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Nobody....?

Quick Reply: A Little Help on a 2009 Platinum...