NEW KMC Wheels FinallY!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As did I.. Everyone i called or emailed had them on backorder. I contacted Rimzone on ebay and they had 2 sets and like maybe 4 days later i had them on my front door.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Wicked... i love mine too. What is the backspacing on those? My 4.5" of BS and -12 offset seem to be out a lot farther than your. They look really good though. Kind of wish i stuck with a milder A/T tire like the TG or toyo's too

Old 06-11-2009, 06:40 PM
The Terras are alot more aggressive that i expected. They are the same as yours. Maybe the different design of fenders on our trucks make them look different? Did you get your flares ordered yet? I guy on here has some for a good price..bushwacker pockets are what he has. Im just not ready to buy after i bought wheels and tires. I had to do some trimming also, but just plastic, no big deal! You are also in my next truck if i ever get enough gall to trade! Or make a deal.

Last edited by Big_Smokey; 06-11-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 AM
looks good

Old 06-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
Im on it! Only can you spot me a couple grand??!!
Your truck looks good with the new wheels!!!

You can level the back with a 3" ReadyLift Block. It replaces the factory 2" block with the same holes/pins/bumpstops and gives you 1" of lift. They are only $130 shipped from autoanything.com. I did it on my truck, but mine was not as high in the front as yours looks.

KR-Texas

Old 06-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Yah im thinking about taking the time and doing the long AAL. Ive done some reading on them and i think thats the route im going to go with. Id rather just lift, but no more money. I dont think ill ever do the leveling kits again. Im just waiting for my front end to fall apart! Im at 41500 and no problems other then i had to have a CV boot replaced...it had a tear or pin hole in the rubber.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Lookin good.......

Old 06-14-2009, 03:28 PM
As did I.. Everyone i called or emailed had them on backorder. I contacted Rimzone on ebay and they had 2 sets and like maybe 4 days later i had them on my front door.
Great find.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Hoss's are the boss!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:11 PM
They are sure my favorite. The only other wheel that I have liked other then these were the new moto metals, but they are 8 lug only..I posted them a while back.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Nice

Old 06-15-2009, 06:12 AM
The Terras are alot more aggressive that i expected. They are the same as yours. Maybe the different design of fenders on our trucks make them look different? Did you get your flares ordered yet? I guy on here has some for a good price..bushwacker pockets are what he has. Im just not ready to buy after i bought wheels and tires. I had to do some trimming also, but just plastic, no big deal! You are also in my next truck if i ever get enough gall to trade! Or make a deal.
I run Mickey Thompson ATZ's on my truck. I had a set of Toyo open countrys (pretty much TG;s) on my last truck, and these are way more aggressive than those.

But i have also seen that thread for the flares... but they are for an 04-08, so they wont work on my 09.

I have yet to do a 3" rear block on my truck too. but thinking i might go the way of an AAL instead... still deciding and can live with the nose up for a little while

Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM
I wanted the ATZ's but i wanted to mount those wheels as soon as i got them. I couldnt wait and NTB about 5 miles from me had those TG's on hand. Yah crap I wasnt thinking when i mentioned that about the flares. I think the AAL is just an added bonus for a little extra payload, if i have read correctly. Every time i see your truck I want to go trade mine! My wife seen that new blue the other day and she commented on how much she likes it. Im holding out to see if they ever put a new engine in, if not ill just live with no payments!! wahoo!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:09 AM
I wanted the ATZ's but i wanted to mount those wheels as soon as i got them. I couldnt wait and NTB about 5 miles from me had those TG's on hand. Yah crap I wasnt thinking when i mentioned that about the flares. I think the AAL is just an added bonus for a little extra payload, if i have read correctly. Every time i see your truck I want to go trade mine! My wife seen that new blue the other day and she commented on how much she likes it. Im holding out to see if they ever put a new engine in, if not ill just live with no payments!! wahoo!
I love the colour, but it has to be the hardest colour to keep clean ever. Coming from a black truck, my black one hid dirt better than this one. Next truck will be silver LOL.

Did you notice a huge difference in wheel wait, handling? I find the wheels pretty cluncky when hitting stutter bumps on the road on drops in the pavement.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Yes! They are really heavy and the TG's i have are the E rated 10ply so i think alot of the ride is gone from that and the higher tire pressure. I actually like the handling better. It seems like more tire on the ground more grip? Its definitely different. I think after we get used to driving it that way it wont seem so weird. Id almost like to have a big brake kit just to stop! I wondered about keeping your truck clean, my smokestone hides the dirt pretty good. My last truck was a black fx4 and it sucked! I figured the blue would be like red...i think red kinda hides it a little at least my wifes pickup it doesnt seem to show too bad.

Quick Reply: NEW KMC Wheels FinallY!