Help Me Choose Wheels My Top 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KR-Texas

I think the small silver rivets on the 7005s look too small when you see them on a large truck like the F150. If you get them, I would paint the rivets black like others have done on this site.

KR-Texas
I wouldnt bother painting the rivets/bolts unless you get powder coated or get black replacement ones

i even sanded mine and it still came off with a hose spraying on it

As Mblouir mentioned in another post, i think they add a nice "pop" to the wheel especially with chrome lugs

they do look pretty good painted black though lol

Last edited by IDNC76; 07-20-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by KR-Texas
Did you see the addicts on a truck? When I saw them in person by themselves, I also thought the bolts looked too big for the rim.

However, as soon as I saw them on a lifted truck with 35" Toyo MTs, they looked very good in proportion to the rest of the truck. The chrome bolts around the wheels looked about the same as the fake chrome bolts on my Rockstars and the Monsters.

I think the small silver rivets on the 7005s look too small when you see them on a large truck like the F150. If you get them, I would paint the rivets black like others have done on this site.

KR-Texas
Yea I saw them in person as well. Even if they were on the truck I didn't like the fact what they look like up close.

Yea I might paint the 7005 bolts black as well. As long as its not going to chip etc.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Lol nevermind then it looks like I won't paint them haha. Easier to leave them alone rather than to deal with any headaches. Jeez I LOVE the Toyo mud terrains... just not sure if they will be economical for being a work truck. I drive all day house to house clenaing pools and think the Nitto TG's will keep my MPG a little better.
Originally Posted by IDNC76
I wouldnt bother painting the rivets/bolts unless you get powder coated or get black replacement ones

i even sanded mine and it still came off with a hose spraying on it

As Mblouir mentioned in another post, i think they add a nice "pop" to the wheel especially with chrome lugs

Old 07-25-2009, 09:24 AM
number for sure

Old 07-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Many people tell me that I have good taste so I'm going to share it with you today. Go with #1.

Quick Reply: Help Me Choose Wheels My Top 2