Input on Grabber AT2

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Input on Grabber AT2

Gonna put new tires on soon, and I've liked these tires since I saw them on a friends truck. My truck has the 255/70/17's and not looking to get much bigger. Was gonna put the lvling kit in the front, no lift in the back. Talking with a truck shop, he suggested I not go very big because the truck has 355 gears, I drive it every day, tow sleds in the winter and don't want it to be a dog. The largest Grabber I find in a 17 is a 265/70/17, but it's a load range E tire. Tech told me it would make the truck ride like s%$t. Looking for y'alls input here. I don't mind it riding a little rough, but don't want it to ride like a hay wagon.

The next size down with OWL is a 265/65/17, which I realize isn't much smaller, but wanted to get a little height out of the tires.

And does anyone by chance have pics of thier truck with a leveling kit and close to stock tires on it?

Thanx..

Old 07-18-2009, 06:00 PM
ttt

Anyone?

Old 07-18-2009, 07:45 PM
If you want I live in Upstate NY actually about 20 west of Syracuse and am currently trying to sell some General grabber At2's in the size your looking for with 7000 miles on them, rotated at 3000. if your interested PM me.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:15 PM
I have run Grabber's on my last 3 vehicles and swear by them. Have run two sets of AT2's and was very happy with them. Ride is good, treadlife is excellent, and wet/mud snow traction is great.

I just replaced the tires on my truck and went with Grabber HTS just for gas mileage reasons but would go back to an AT2 in a heartbeat if I didn't have a 100+ mile commute every day.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by GBFrobe
I have run Grabber's on my last 3 vehicles and swear by them. Have run two sets of AT2's and was very happy with them. Ride is good, treadlife is excellent, and wet/mud snow traction is great.

I just replaced the tires on my truck and went with Grabber HTS just for gas mileage reasons but would go back to an AT2 in a heartbeat if I didn't have a 100+ mile commute every day.
What size did you have on, and were they an E tire? I think the next size down from what I looked at is a C...

Old 07-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Sorry, I don't remember that info, been a few years and I no longer have that vehicle.

The new General HTS's I just bought have an XL load rating and I see no difference in ride quality over the OEM tires, if anything it's better (better tire). IMO the higher load rating causing a rougher ride is a little over hyped. On paper it is true but in practice I just don't think anyone's butt is that sensative. If I drove a luxury car I would not go to a higher load rating but trucks already ride a little rough. Of course this is just my opinion and other may disagree.

Right now I am experimenting with air pressure and currently have them set to 40psi. I'm sure if I set them near their max pressure which is 65 or 70 psi I would notice a difference.

I don't have a leveling kit but went with 20" wheels and stock sized tires that are ~32" od. Can post a picture if you think it would help.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:26 AM
ttt

Quick Reply: Input on Grabber AT2