Which would you guys trust?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went out a while ago and bought myself a digital gauge. I have since aired the tires in truck back up according to dial accu gage. I compared with digital gauge, and digital reads exactly same as accu gage and stick gauges are still 2-3 PSI over respectively, so I did myself a favor and tossed those out. I will use accu in car and digital in truck and in the next couple weeks will buy another digital for car. I also bought a compressor so I can do all this crud at the house instead of driving to the station across the street, they are starting to wonder about me.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Open
I went out a while ago and bought myself a digital gauge. I have since aired the tires in truck back up according to dial accu gage. I compared with digital gauge, and digital reads exactly same as accu gage and stick gauges are still 2-3 PSI over respectively, so I did myself a favor and tossed those out. I will use accu in car and digital in truck and in the next couple weeks will buy another digital for car. I also bought a compressor so I can do all this crud at the house instead of driving to the station across the street, they are starting to wonder about me.
as is a quarter of the f150online family

nice info though

Old 07-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
as is a quarter of the f150online family

nice info though
I dont need anyone to tell me that I am off . Seriously though, I played that up a bit, partly because I was intoxicated last night and it sounded like a good idea, this morning I reread what I posted last night and decided to stay with it. Okay, okay, I am just plumb crazy.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:28 PM
I dont need anyone to tell me that I am off . Seriously though, I played that up a bit, partly because I was intoxicated last night and it sounded like a good idea, this morning I reread what I posted last night and decided to stay with it. Okay, okay, I am just plumb crazy.
lol you should go read some of the detailing section... those guys are OCD

i liked the read, something different.

And nice to know i was using the MORE accurate gauge the whole time

Old 07-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Did you ever think you're the normal one and everyone else is crazy?

That's my thought process and I'm sticking too it.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Suspended
The thought has crossed my mind but I didnt want of offend anyone.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
lol you should go read some of the detailing section... those guys are OCD
Yeah, like who cares if your girlfriend thinks your trucks color is "dirt" because it hasn't seen a hose in 6 years!!!

But seriously, get a digital and check it out with a couple of readings against the local tire shop (cold or hot doesn't matter). Then check them once a month or when they look low..... or when you hear your rims scraping the pavement

The only reason I ever check mine is because I haul a trailer with up to 7500 on it and have airbags with my rear suspension. I also run 10 ply tires so it is hard to visually check them out.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ab46501
I'm thinking with that much worry over air gauges you might want to be more concerned with your blood pressure instead of your air pressure?
PERFECT!!!

Old 08-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Now what a minute, guys........ maybe he's a "SHIEK OBAMA" fan!

SHEIK OBAMA has said that if our tires are 1lb "UNDER-INFLATED" that you wil waste fuel amounting to $69,564,968,243,465.02 due to "rolling-resistance"!

So, i went out and bought a "digital" gauge and brought my tires "up-to-specs".........I'M DOING MY PART........

I just saved our country Kazillions of dollars (AND employed HUNDREDS of ILLEGAL ALIENS at the local "TIRE PRESSURE GAUGE FACTORY"!)

Quick Reply: Which would you guys trust?